Could I have Herpes?
Hi I've been researching for the past week due to insertive unprotected oral and just going over of how I could've been exposed to herpes (kind of the unhealthy self internet diagnosing phase) . So after gathering all this info it made me think of my highschool girlfriend who had cold sores at times. Now I can't remember if we had sexual contact that specific day we were talking about it but I remember her mentioning "cold sores" because it was a new term for me I didn't know what that was and didn't think anything of it till today. I did see the sore but at the time being uneducated about it, assumed it was a girl acne thing and looked passed it. We were very sexually active at the time so I know i must have came into contact with her all over head to toe during symptomatic or asymptomatic times. Sorry If I'm rambling but my question being this was in highschool which was 2006 , is it possible that I contracted herpes since then and Ive been asymptomatic all this time?
apologies if i did not follow format im a total forum noob
it's being sexually responsible to seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is. it would answer your question as to your status .

grace