Herpes Community
Could it be herpes ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Could it be herpes ?

Hey,
I have been sexually active for only about 7 months now and recently i woke up with a red rash looking thing on my inner thigh about 2 thirds up. its not painful or slightly itchy. it has not been on my leg for 2 days now. I want to think its a rash but there seems to be small blisters of a clear liquid in some areas. i know for a fact that my partner does NOT have herpes, and i have not had sexual contact with anyone else. so if it is herpes i have no clue how i received it.

but to describe the rash its about an inch by inch and a half, small red bumps, some having clear liquid in them, not painful, no itchy.

i have no clue what this it. i have had jock itch and this is NOTHING like that at all...

please help ?
now that i've posted this, its become slightly itchy, but nothing really noticable
here is a link to a picture on my profile, it is off the rash like blisters on my leg :S

http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/205164?personal_page_id=1829823
i have no other symptoms, just the red blister like rash...
no muscle aches, although my legs are a bit sore, but i think thats from playing soccer yesterday
no back pain
no fever
no head aches, nothing

so im just really confused and concerned ...
and just now noticed that im not supposed to post pictures, im sorry
please help
First off you need to be seen by your provider immediately.  We can't tell you what this is.  This could be anything and needs to be seen.  
thank you. im planning on going in, but i have felt no symptoms such as flu or anything, very slight itchiness, but the rash is red and has gotten bigger over the past 2 days, some bumps have what looks like clear liquid blisters
if this is herpes, it's important to be seen sooner rather than later. go and be seen today and then stop back to let us know how your appointment went :)

grace
yes ok, i just dont see how it could be herpes if ive only been with one girl, a girlfriend of 6 months who said she was tested and was clean for everything

are there any rashes that look similar to herpes i could have picked up on my own ?
1 out of every 2-3 of us has hsv1 orally. You can transmit hsv1 to the genital area through oral sex.  odds are your partner was never tested for herpes anyways when she was tested.

did you make that appointment yet?