Herpes Expert Forum
Could these be atypical symptoms of HerpesII? And getting help...
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could these be atypical symptoms of HerpesII? And getting help...

1. What are some of the more atypical or unusual symptoms of herpes?
2. Are there people for whom Valtrex does not work, and if so, what do they do?
3. Where are the best clinics/Doctors in the country to go to for treatment help, especially in the eastern and mid-western USA?
Wesson1

55646_tn?1263664409
Herpes typically presents with sores, but it can also present with cracks, fissures, irritated places that are red and look like abrasions.
I have not spoken with anyone for whom Valtrex doesn't work at all.  I have talked with people who need to increase their dose or split their dose and take it more often.  Sometimes people with immunosuppressed conditions don't respond well to the traditional antivirals and need different treatments.  Overall, only about .3 percent of healthy people with herpes have resistant stains for the virus, but very often, their next outbreak will be a fully susceptible strain of the virus.
Hard to know who to recommend, honestly.  Some possibilities are dermatologists and Planned Parenthood, also ID docs but I've seen problems with all of those specialties, too.

Terri
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
55646_tn?1263664409
Terri Warren, RN, Adult Nurse Pr...Blank
Westover Heights Clinic
Portland, OR
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker