Curious
Hi, my husband had recently found a small red spot near the head of his penis. Not thinking anything of it, I gave him oral sex that night. The next two days he had about 5 small red spots near the head of his penis. This time I was concerned because I and 7 months pregnant. So we went to a clinic where his aunt works and had multiple test done for both of us. I have no sores and my results all came back negative for hsv1/2. His blood test also came back negative for both test as well but a swab culture came back positive for hsv1. Does this mean he has herpes? And if so why haven't I contracted it? Is it safe to have sex unprotected? Will he have more outbreaks? We both believe each other when we swear there has been no foul play in our relationship but I'm curious as to what's going on? I thank you so much in advance since I feel like I'm getting the run around about this. And yes I understand the two types and how there contracted.
Hi, a positive swab means he has herpes and if the swab was taken from a genital sore would mean its hsv1 genital. If you had oral sex with the sore that was swabbed then you would be at risk for contracting hsv1 oral. Blood testing for this you would need to wait 3 months to be conclusive..

The thing you want to avoid now is contracting it in your genital area as could be a risk for the baby during the birth process.
You really need to talk to your doctor about precautions as even protected sex would be a risk also. Even is there is no sore there is shedding that takes place certain times throughout the year and its contractable at that time also.
Did you have IgG antibody testing separately for HSV1 and HSV2?

Tests for HSV1 miss about 1 in 10 infections. It is therefore possible you do have oral HSV1 and hence infected your husband.

Given his blood tests are negative and swab positive, then he contracted this very recently in all probability. again though the 1 in 10 rule applies such that it is possible he's had it longer.