Herpes Community
Cystoscopy With Genital Herpes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cystoscopy With Genital Herpes

So, i am scheduled for a cystoscopy soon. It's a procedure where they insert a tube in the urethra and move it all the way to the bladder so they can see what's going on there. My question is: Assuming that i have genital herpes, and it being possible for herpes to shed inside the urethra, is there a risk of the virus traveling from the urethra up to the bladder with the instrument to cause infection there? I know it's not an usual question but i'm worried.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you are already infected with the virus there so you can't make it "worse" by having a cystoscopy. It's not an issue at all.

grace
Blank
Yes, i'm infected with the virus on my penis and perhaps inside the urethra, but i just wondered if it could travel from the urethra all the way to my bladder. I don't think my bladder exactly is already infected with herpes even if my penis and urethra were? So it's kind of a question of auto-inoculation to the bladder and other lower parts of my urinary tract.

Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
yes, it's already there dear.  it's all the same set of nerves and the virus is already infecting that set of nerves. as I said, this isn't an issue for you.
Blank
Okay, thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949