Herpes Community
Dating and Herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Dating and Herpes

Since I just found out that I have herpes I have a lot of questions. I have been worried that I won't ever be able to find a good guy to date now that I have this STD. People are very judgmental and unfortunately judge your character based on things such as this. What people dont understand is this could easily happen to anybody, its not something that happens to bad people. My question is, is it extremely difficult to find someone to date or be with the rest of your life if they know you have herpes? Anyone with experience please help me out thanks!
In 20+ years of having genital herpes, I've only ever had 2 guys decide the risk was too much for them. It really hasn't been a big issues in my relationships. Most of my hsv+ friends have never been turned down because of their herpes.  

there are also herpes dating sites out there too. sometimes just finding people to talk about it face to face with is good practice for when you do find someone you click with and have to have "the talk" :)

grace
Thank you! That's reassuring! :)