Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Definite Herpes Exposure
Hi all,

I just found out that I was exposed to HSV2 from a woman I was with about 3.5 months ago.  I was afraid this was the case as the woman I slept with has been know to be very promiscuous (involved in swinging lifestyle).  I regret taking the risk as I am generally a careful person.  I had protected vaginal sex and received unprotected oral sex from her.  I have been tested for all stds and was clean at 9 weeks and 82 days (just shy of 12 weeks) post exposure.  As for the herpes tests, I had the following kinds

9 weeks - Herpeselect IGG 1/2 - Negative (Quest Labs)

82 days (shy of 12 weeks) - Capita IGG 1/2 - Negative (Labcorp)

Here are my questions

1) Should I consider my negative tests at 9 and 12 weeks conclusive and move on?  

2) If they are not conclusive what should be my next step?  Another IGG at 16 weeks or a WB at 16 weeks?

* I had another post on this forum that Grace helped me on, but this was before I knew the woman I was with was positive for HSV2.  I do not me to clog up these boards with the same questions, but the situation has changed a bit now that I know she was HSV2 +.  

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.  
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
please keep any further questions/updates in your original post. thanks!

grace
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Sorry grace I moved the comment over to my original post.  Would appreciate your thoughts on this.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources