Herpes Community
Diagnosed with herpes? I m upset!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Diagnosed with herpes? I m upset!

Hi grace,
3 months ago met a guy from pub and we ended up having one night stand with condom. A week later I have an outbreak, ulcer at the opening of my vagina. It hurt so much even can't sit well. I went to the doctor and she confirmed that it was herpes and I m being treated with acrovirl pills and cream for 10 consecutive day, it heals. 2 weeks later I went for blood test to test on herpes but it turns out to be negative, doc told me is too early to test and ask me to test again 6 months later.

Meantime even my ulser has fully healed, whenever I have sex with my bf (with latex condom), after the intercourse I had a slight pain at the side of the vagina (not the place when the first time occur) and I applied acrovil cream on it and it heal again in 4-5 days. The next time I have sex again the pain comes back again at the same area. I m very worried and depressed and I m so worried that I will pass this on to my bf.

Why is it pain after the intercourse even if the area is complely healed? M I really diagnosed with herpes? I only can get retested 3 months later. Sometimes I also feel I have discharged and itchy down there. I m really upset with myself is my fault to have ONS. I cried everynight I don't want to have herpes and I don't want my bf to have it! Pls help me!!! Pls tell me is not herpes!
How did your doctor diagnose you as having herpes?
1) once my doc look at the outbreak, she straight away told me it was herpes as having ulcer around vagina is once of the symptom + i have alot of vagina discharged during that period, I have sore throat, flu, and slight fever... i am sure i have diagnosed with herpes  :(

2) my ulcer healed after the acyclovir treatment (this is for herpes)...

i am very sure i have herpes but i couldn't accept it... after it has healed (do not have sex for 2+ months) and then now i started to have sex again but the next day after sex i feel my vagina is painful but i could not see any ulcer/ red spot/ blister/ rashes around the pain area but it is pain and i put on some acyclovir cream on it and it heals, i stop having sex during that period, 1 week after it heal i have sex again, and now again it pains at the same place, i am so upset... i keeps on coming.. is it considered recurrent? do i transfer the virus to my bf?? i am really worried now... i do not want him to have it!!! i am so regret what i did, maybe this is the price of being unfaithful!!! i hate myself i couldn't live anymore :( i am so upset..
it's unfortunate that your provider dropped the ball and didn't do proper testing on you :(

Has your regular partner been tested to know their status too? Don't assume anything and make sure they get tested too.

acyclovir cream is pretty much useless for speeding the healing of herpes. sounds like the moisturizing of the cream itself is helping you , not the fact that it's acyclovir cream ( hope that makes sense ).

at this point, anytime you have symptoms, be seen for proper exam.  if they suspect herpes lesions again, INSIST that they culture it and type it.  A visual diagnosis is wrong 1 out of every 3 times and isn't recommended.   don't take any more acyclovir until you've confirmed your status so it won't interfere with lesion culture results.

You only need to wait 3 months to repeat your igg blood testing, not 6 months.

are they testing you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you are seen?

grace

thanks for the reply.
No, they did not test on yeast and bacterial infection, we only tested for herpes and syphilis and both are negative.
my regular partner is not tested too because i did not have sex with him after the outbreak until recently - 2 weeks ago, one time in each week. i am so worried that i transfer the virus to him now... i shall stop having sex with him until i get tested again.

I told you that after having sex with my partner, i discovered that the side of the vagina is a little bit painful but it went away the next day (without applying any acyclovir cream this time)

i think i will get tested again in another 3 months, from the first outbreak until now is only 3 months time, so i shall wait another 3 months to get tested again. I am so afraid of the outbreak, i hope it is just something else that is not serious.. i want to be normal person and i swear i will be faithful now... i hate the guy that give me all this ****.. i never gets happy in this 3 months..

i would like to know why each time after having sex the side of the vagina hurts but i could not see any blister/ rashes/ ulcer there...? i would like to know what causes it?
50% of all presumed newly acquired herpes infections are just the first obvious recurrence of a previous infection which is why I recommended you assume nothing and get your partner tested.  

anything that goes away the next day isn't herpes related.

now is ok to retest. no need to waste 6 months of your life trying to get better answers when now is a good time to start getting them. also return to be seen and get further testing done. make sure you don't have vaginitis going on or anything else.  also you might need to start using some lube for sex with your regular partner.  even lubed condoms don't have enough lube and if you are worried about transmitting the virus to your regular partner during sex, you might not be relaxing as much as usual and not making enough of your own lube.