Herpes Community
Did we infect each other?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Did we infect each other?

My boyfriend told me that he tested positive for herpes and that I should be tested. His results were:

HSV 1 = 5.64
HSV 2 = 1.64

When I was tested, my results were:

HSV 1 = 1.16
HSV 2 = 3.34

Did I give him HSV 2? Does my higher # indicate that i had it first? He says that he remembers a rash before but thought it was his exema (eczema).  This was before we dated.  Now i fear that i did this, though i have never had a breakout.  

And do I really have HSV 1? Or could that be a false positive?

I think what I read is that we don't have to worry about being careful because we are poth positive. Is that correct?