Herpes Community
Discharge and Herpes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Discharge and Herpes

I have been diagnosed with HSV-2 I believe it is termed, and I also have HPV genital warts.  Recently I have been noticing a brown discharge.  I was just diagnosed with the herpes and was taking Valtrex which cleared up the a discharge and the lesions.  The brown discharge is now back though and I am having some pains and sensitivity/redness in the vaginal area again, but no lesions yet.  Could this all be a sign of the herpes returning?  I went and got my Valtrex prescription refill and began taking it this evening, but I am just wondering if the discharge could be linked with the herpes and a possible sign for me to look for when I am going to have an outbreak?  Thank you!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
what testing did you  have done for herpes?

you need to be seen again and get proper testing of your discharge. brown discharge isn't typical for herpes ob's.

grace
Blank
I had the culture taken of my sores and I also had the blood work done.  Yeah I go back for an annual on the 4th of  August so I will check into the discharge then.  I know I am not pregnant though because I was also tested for that!
Blank
I also had ALL other testing done and everything else came back negative.  I did medication for a yeast infection that the doctor thought I could be starting to get from the meds, but maybe it's some other kind of bacterial infection.  I was on doxycycline though so I would think that would take care of it!  
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
doxy doesn't work for bv.  

following up on this next week is fine (  I can't believe next week is august already!!!! )

grace
Blank
2108821_tn?1334080535
hey ive recently been diagnosed with hsv 1 and 2 my symptoms are only white vaginal discharge that is there 24 7 ive started taking valtrex today will be my 3rd day so i was wondering when will i see the discharge stop? ive been doing alot of research on it and cant seem to find any answers...i found your post which gave me some hope that the discharge will stop but in your experience how long did it take for the discharge to clear up?? thank you hope to hear from you i know this is a old thread
Blank
please start your own thread if you would like your questions answered. thanks.
Blank
2108821_tn?1334080535
i wasnt asking you for advise thank you very much
Blank
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now