Herpes Expert Forum
Do I have herpes? tingling

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Do I have herpes? tingling
Hi I been have so weird signs and I think I might have a STD .  1. I have very tiny bums on my penis shaft not pimples or lessions just bumps u would on your arm or leg my doctor said they were normal ( i don't think so) 2. I don't really have  that got burning when peeing so times it normal other times I can like feel heat from peeing doesn't hurt it just not normal I think 3. Tingling in my balls/ strrotum ( I don't know what a strotum is) this have been going on sense august , it's everyday it happens everyday but hears the twist I have diabetes and I have tingling over my entire body legs feet hands etc so idk if it's from that or an STD  4. I have had smalls bumps in pubic area but my doctor said it was foclitoics so idk I really do understand can u please help ? 5. And sometimes the side of my penis itches at the bottom were the hair is not my penis just the bottom part of it a little
The bumps you describe on the penis shaft sound like normal hair follicles to me, most men have them.  There are usually not hairs growing out of them on the shaft of the penis.  They are just bumps.  They are normal if this is what they are.  

Pain with urination is really not normal and should be worked up to find and treat the cause with your health care provider.

Tingling of the skin on the scrotum (the sack that holds the testicles) happens sometimes as does a mild itching from a fungal infection in that area.  Both do happen.  I guess you won't know if the medicine works to get rid of the itching unless you use it, right?  Might want to give it a try and see what you think.

Nothing here suggests herpes to me.

Terri
I also have itching  down there also I have exzema and my doctor said I had some type of bacteria or fungal thing down there also looks like jock itch he gave my cream but I have never used it
Also I'm afican American if that matters
Thanks mrs terri , the thing is this tingling has been going on for 5 months everyday I thought it would  go away on it's own , ifi were to get tested do u have any recommendations I live in. Nc?
You live in North Carolina?  Yes, there are probably Planned Parenthoods in your area that do herpes testing, I would think.  You could check.  Also, you can order testing on line yourself, places like healthcheckusa.com.

I think you should be aware that about 50% of Africa Americans between the ages of 14 and 49 have HSV 2 infection, so if you test positive, please don't feel alone.  And if you test positive, it doesn't necessarily mean that the tingling is caused by herpes.  

Anyway, if you test and need help with interpretation, let me know.

Terri
Thank you the only concern I have are the tingling everyday ,the small bumps on my shaft , pain/heat when urinating sometimes, I also experience itching in the anus rarely , so Bassein what I told u should I test so herpes or another sti I don't have insurance.I'm 18 so I'll have to pay out of pocket so it has to count
I also heard physical STD test are pointless because most symptoms look likecomman minor issues
I'm not sure what you mean by physical STD tests.  Do you mean a physical examination?  I would agree that they have some but limited usefulness.
Terri