Herpes Community
Do I have herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Do I have herpes?

Recently, I found out that my boyfriend (now ex) has been cheating on me. He admitted to having unprotected sex with multiple women. I am so scared and worried that he might have given me something. My "area" is red and feels tingly. It has been a week now and I don't see any lesions or pimples. Could the redness and tingling develop into herpes? I scheduled a screening test for Jan 3. I hope that I am just being paranoid. Am I over thinking this!? I'm trying so hard not to panic and cry...
you need to follow up with full std testing at the proper times. you can get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia and trich anytime after 1 week after you last had sex. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months. we don't have commercially available hpv testing to properly cover your hpv risks from this partner. did you have your gardasil hpv shot series?

if your genital area is red, be seen before jan 3 to get a proper exam and testing for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally. don't guess and self treat either!

grace
Hey grace, I had a check up and the blood work came back negative but I am still worried because it does not explain the redness. I know antibodies don't show up right away but if it were herpes, would I have had an outbreak by now?
did you get a full work up when you were seen? did they test for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you were seen?

did you follow up with the testing at the proper times for std's?

grace