Herpes Community
Does this cream work?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does this cream work?

Hi, i have genital herpes and have had almost monthly unwelcome visits for almost a week the past 1 1/2 years. Almost always at the same time as my period. I've tried daily medicines (valtrex) both the exact week and every single day - but it wasn't all that effective. Instead I've had a lot of pain. And valtrex just produced candida.

I accidently took the wrong cream a while ago - and it helped a lot. The cream was fucicort, and now I wonder if it's a good or bad thing to keep taking it.

Thanx
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
897535_tn?1295210035
Valtrex doesn't cause yeast infections - there's a good chance what you think is an outbreak is actually a yeast infection - have you been seen when symptomatic to test for yeast? All the more reason that Valtex isn't working if it's not a herpes outbreak!

Fucicort is a corticosteroid cream, which would not help a herpes outbreak. Typically, it would not be recommended to be used on the genital area.

Blank
Thanx for commenting. Well, my diagnosis was given by my gynocologist. So I haven't actually benn tested for yeast inf. But could yeast inf. cause burning cracks? Itching I have heard about, but burning?

"Fucicort is a corticosteroid cream, which would not help a herpes outbreak. Typically, it would not be recommended to be used on the genital area." This I know, but how come it helped? It confuses me...
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
odds are when symptoms are still occurring even while on suppressive therapy, that they aren't due to your herpes. the reason the topical steroid helped was because you had irritation or something that is helped with topical steroids. sometimes even it's just the moisturizing from the base cream that helps too.

how were you originally diagnosed as having genital herpes?

grace
Blank
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity