Herpes Community
Does this look like herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Does this look like herpes?

Today (Feb 8) http://oi62.tinypic.com/28wcoyf.jpg

Last Sunday (Jan 31) http://oi59.tinypic.com/b6ex3c.jpg

I would be seeking a diagnosis of this condition, herpes could not be ruled out.

It does seem to be an unusual presentation though, where exactly are the sores located?

What was your sexual history in the two weeks leading into these sores appearing?
They are located where the penis and body are connected (the opposite side of the tip). The last time I had sex was on December 15 (55 days ago).
Did anything happen in the two weeks after that last sexual episode?

Was it protected sex with a high risk person?

What testing have you had?

Do you have oral cold sores, HSV1?

I didn't notice anything after two weeks. It was unprotected sex. I am going to get tested next week. I've never had a cold sore. Thank you for your responses.
What do you think it is, Fleetwood? I appreciate your help.
It might help if you wrote a few more details about how and in what circumstances these sores arose, but being honest it wouldn't help me that much. For example, were you confined to bed for a few days with illness or you work in a field that leaves you very hot and sweaty in your jocks.

If you were to get a bad outbreak of herpes sores, then they most likely would not appear 55 days after your last sexual encounter, but in the first few days.

There are many things it could be and I feel fungus is a reasonable candidate. Bacterial issues, such as staph also produce lesions such as your pictures reveal.
I was able to go to work all last week. I didn't notice any changes in my health. Last Sunday was when I was surprised to notice these bumps. I'm currently taking an antibiotic for my acne. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the healing. I'll let you know what my test results are. Thank you for taking the time to write your responses.