Herpes Community
Dry humping STD?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Dry humping STD?

Hey, I have never had sex before but 4 days ago I was dry humping a girl. our genitals never touched. I may have moved my penis by touching it myself but thats it. the dry humping lasted for a long time and the next day not even 24 hours I noticed a little redness on the head of my penis it didn't feel like anything for 2 days, but now its kind of feeling a little uncomfortable. I have some dry skin there and still just a little redness, no bumps, imense pain, or blisters, just a little rash on the head of my penis. Could this be an STD? or just dry or irritated skin from the friction of dry humping all night?
no std
ok, but then can you tell me why theres a little redness and some discomfort? like what could be wrong after dry humping for a long time? could my skin of gotten irritated from my own pubic hair or something? I'm kind of scared even though it sounds dumb, could you list possible possibilities?
To me dry  humping means clothes were on - were they?

Think about what you were doing dear - you were rubbing yourself over and over and over again on something/someone - that can be irritating.  

grace
yeah the clothes were on, but why would the head of my penis be irritated and has redness? any explaination?
You can't get a std if your clothes are on.

Your homework assignment today is - take a shirt and rub it in the same spot on your arm for 1 hour and then tell me how it feels tomorrow :)  

Your penis is red and irritated because of friction from being rubbed thru clothing for a good long while during this session :)

grace
Can the irritation cause dry skin?
and can you tell me what I should look for Herpes symtoms (symptoms) wise?
YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DID NOT GET HERPES FROM DRY HUMPING THRU CLOTHES!!!!!

How many times do I have to say it until you finally get it?

grace
There may have been a few times where I touched her down there, but not bare skin just on the outside of her clothes then rearragned my penis. Now right now I am pretty sure I don't have it. I mean I do have weird irritation still. I am going to be seeing her again though. and further doing more things. Could you tell me what to look for on myself afterwards? It would be helpful.
You aren' t getting it are you?  You were never at risk for a std. You are being absolutely silly at this point about this.  

Please, better educate yourself on std's and how they are transmitted. You will never get a std thru any contact that is fully clothed.  www.ashastd.org is a terrific resource to learn more.  

grace
alright, thanks. but can you tell me the main symptoms you would have when first conctracted ?
You can read for yourself on the asha site :)

grace
me too my gf and i were dry humping and somehow later that day i got a red rash like on the head of my penis
Maybe bc you were wearing jeans and you kept rubbing it on you zipper