ELISA Herpes test results- a different scale/index?
I took an ELISA test- positive for both hsv1 and hsv2. However, the results confuse me. All other results give a single score, with that score being placed on a scale. So, if someone scores below a 1 they're negative, with 1.1 - 3.5 being low positive and anything above that almost certainly positive.

My scores were different. First, the results I received only had 'positive' written next to the virus. I asked for more info and was grudgingly shown the following: for hsv2 a cut-off score was calculated (multiplying 0.945*0.1 and adding 0.145 to get a cutoff score of 0.239. Then, my own blood score was shown, indicating a 0.533 level. Being higher, I am considered positive. The cutoff  for hsv1 was 0.1964 and my results was 0.773.

I've never seen this system before. At first, I thought the cutoff must mean 2.39, and therefore my hsv2 result is 5.33- definitely positive. This was presented as a strict cutoff: above definitely +, and equally below -But that doesn't make any sense, and I think there is some calculation missing from the lab report. Perhaps I need to divide my score by the cutoff?  This may seem nitpicky, but I am asymptomatic, and have had hsv1 since youth, so it is important to me to know exactly what the score I got was by the index everyone else seems to use. This exam was in Mexico, using Human Diagnostics (a German company) ELISA test.

I am wading through technical literature I cannot understand for a formula that might not exist, so if anyone could shed some light on this issue it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Joe.
Hi, in simple terms, what are that tests numbers that indicate a positive and what numbers indicate a negative. Most test use a below 1 as negative and above 1 a positive.
Recommend retesting with a different lab