Herpes Community
Elevated Liver Enzyme Levels? HELP

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Elevated Liver Enzyme Levels? HELP

Could it be possible that HSV could result in elevated liver enzyme levels???  Or does it cause levels to be elevated?
I just got some blood test results back and it seems I've got elevated liver enzyme levels?
Could anyone with some knowledge of this shed some light for me!
Thanks so much!
What makes you think it's related to HSV?
Avatar n tn
Read that somewhere.
I don't know or think anything right now, which is why I'm posting, looking for reasons for this to happen?
I am HSV positive so I'm just wondering if this could cause it?
No. Do you take antiviral medication?
Many things can cause elevated liver enzymes.  Attributing it to herpes would be pretty low on the list of possibilities.  I assume your provider is looking into it more for you.

grace
Avatar n tn
yes, I just went back and tested for Hep and diabetes...
I'm hoping neither of these pan out, but I'm just trying to think what else it could be??
Did a LOT of drinking in college, some steroid usage while working out heavily back then, took Accutane while younger as well...all contributing factors to elevated enzymes, but it seams that several years later is odd that these would show up?? (I'm only 25 BTW)
Recently I have been eating horribly and barely working out...as a result of this cholesterol was slightly elevated.(I'm wondering if that could effect levels? i.e. fatty liver)
If you know anything about these things, please advise...
all help appreciated..