Herpes Community
Equivocal Herpes Test
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Equivocal Herpes Test

Last December, I went in for routine STD testing in America, with no reason to worry. Everything came back negative except for my IGG HSV-II test which came out at 0.96, equivocal. I had not had sex in three months, and I've never had un-protected sex in my life. I was very surprised as I have never had any genital herpes symptoms. I did have a cold sore in my mouth at the time of the test though. The doctor at the office was on vacation and the nurse seemed to think this was a positive result. I'm seriously doubting her after everything I've read online. I now live in a very remote location and cannot get another test done until January. I worry about this literally everyday and I'm beginning to think it may be over nothing.What do you guys think? Grace? Any help would be greatly appreciated it.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Forgot to mention, I'm a male in my 20s.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
typically cold sores are on the lips and outer mouth area. canker sores are usually what is inside the mouth.  

equivocal is negative if you've waited enough time. it doesn't sound like it's worth repeating your testing from the encounter you were worried about.  if you need the peace of mind, repeat your testing in january but really no reason to do so.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank