Equivocal Test Result
I am in a new relationship, and my partner and I agreed to be tested for STDs before becoming sexually active.  To my surprise, the results came back equivocal for HSV-2.  The specific number was 1.09 in the IGG test, just below the positive level.  I was negative for HSV-1 and all other STDs. My last, and only, sexual relationship ended more than 1 year ago.  Before the last relationship, we were not tested but said we did not have any STDs.  I have not noticed anything that appears to be a herpes outbreak.   I received unprotected oral sex.  I always used a condom for intercourse.  The company I was tested through advised a follow up test in a couple of months.  I plan to discuss this with my physician and will probably have another test sooner.  Just based on the 1.09 number, how likely is that I have HSV-2?  (is 1.09 less "equivocal" than 0.91?)  If a follow-up test comes back negative, should I consider that definitive or have another follow-up to establish a consistent baseline?  If a follow-up test comes back equivocal again, then what?
equivocal is negative. You haven't had sex for 1 year.  You are negative for hsv2 and there's no reason at all to repeat your blood test.

If you had said your last sexual encounter was 2 weeks ago then yes additional testing in a few months would've been appropriate but it's been a year so it's not like you are in the process of seroconverting and need further testing.

grace