Aa
A
A
Close
Equivocal Test Result
I am in a new relationship, and my partner and I agreed to be tested for STDs before becoming sexually active.  To my surprise, the results came back equivocal for HSV-2.  The specific number was 1.09 in the IGG test, just below the positive level.  I was negative for HSV-1 and all other STDs. My last, and only, sexual relationship ended more than 1 year ago.  Before the last relationship, we were not tested but said we did not have any STDs.  I have not noticed anything that appears to be a herpes outbreak.   I received unprotected oral sex.  I always used a condom for intercourse.  The company I was tested through advised a follow up test in a couple of months.  I plan to discuss this with my physician and will probably have another test sooner.  Just based on the 1.09 number, how likely is that I have HSV-2?  (is 1.09 less "equivocal" than 0.91?)  If a follow-up test comes back negative, should I consider that definitive or have another follow-up to establish a consistent baseline?  If a follow-up test comes back equivocal again, then what?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
equivocal is negative. You haven't had sex for 1 year.  You are negative for hsv2 and there's no reason at all to repeat your blood test.

If you had said your last sexual encounter was 2 weeks ago then yes additional testing in a few months would've been appropriate but it's been a year so it's not like you are in the process of seroconverting and need further testing.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources