Extreme burning, can barely walk
So before I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and BV, I had extreme burning, it hurt so badly that I could barley walk! I was burning and red all inside the labia minora (vaginal lips). With this burning I had an odorless discharge that looked milky, and I kept wiping it away, but that just made my burning worse. Could this be caused my herpes?? Or could it be from the yeast and BV. I could have had BV for months, because I never got tested for it until recently and have had multiple issues with my vagina for atleast 4 months! Burning, itching, discharge, taste bud looking bump that just disappeared out of no where one day like it fell off, irritation on certain spots for a day or two, it's been a horrible experience!! Oh and in top of that I was sick but only in this last month, when I was burning the first time I had to flu like symptoms, the burning would be there for half a day and be gone for the other half, it seemed to hurt more in the morning. Please let me know what you think.
Ok I will do that, I've been trying to make sure the area is clean and dry, I seem to be getting better. Finally! I know the BV is gone yey!!!!! The yeast however seems to be gone but not too sure, I'm not too itchy tho.
I'm just happy that I feel more normal then I have in months!!!
glad something is finally clearing up down yonder for you!!!
I really thought I was getting better but now I have a whole different kind of pain!!! The bone just above my clitoris hurts alot!!! And that area feels like pressure is being applied even thought there is nothing!!!! My clitoris hurts a little too, just one side, the sane side that was itchy before!!! OMG I feel like breaking down and crying!!! I'm never going to get better!!!!
Then I checked a sight that scared the cral out of me, it said that clitoris pain is from herpes!!!!! WTH!!! Is this true?!?!?! I'm so scared and this pressure on my bone won't go away!!! I see my OBGYN in one week!! Please give me some insight. What in the world is wrong with me, nothing looks abnormal!!! NOTHING!!!
I was doing so good in believing that I'm genital herpes free but I keep thinking about that one time I had a cut under my clitoris hood, it was very painful but I noticed it at night and had it looked at in the afternoon of the next day, the dr looked at it and said that it's already healing and she refused to do a swab test on it, it was very painful for two days but it did look like it was healing after just one night, I don't remember how long I had it but im scared that it was infect ghsv1, because I just read somewhere that clitoris pain can be due to herpes, after an outbreak and can stay with you for years!!! OMG I've had off and on clitoris, itch and pain since then!!! I'm so scared again!!!! I mean seriously what else could have caused a cut/abrasion under my clitoris hood, at the time I was taking cream for yeast and I remember I was feeling funny on my clitoris I took a shower and my clitoris Hurt, I shaved then I got out of the shower and I pulled the clit skin up because I was in pain and sure enough there it was it was extremely red like it was a fresh cut/abrasion. Then the next day it was only slightly red, and at first glance you couldn't see it too much but man it Hurt sooo badly!!!!
Well I'm scared that this really is herpes and i know I should have gotten it swabbed right then and there I'm still pissed that the dr didn't swab the area!!!!
I don't know what to do or think, the side of my clitoris that hurts is the side that the cut was!!! Could it just be nerve damage from a regular non herpes abrasion??? What do you think???
Just to update on the small cut on inner labia that was neg, it is still there!!!!! So I have had it for over one month!!! What in the world could it be?!?!?! It doesn't hurt but it also isn't normal!!!
Oh and it hurts to touch the bone above my clitoris, I feel like I have ants in my pants, and one side of my clitoris hurts and itches but if I touch it at all it hurts. My period is almost over and I see my OBGYN on wednesday. I'll update on what my dr says,.. If any one is interested at all anymore lol!! I know I keep complaining but I just want to be 100% already!!!!!!
I've been using a soap called lactacyd and wow that stuff really helps!!! But by the end of the day I feel itchy again... Maybe BV again???? Idk but I'm still scared!! And I know how hard it is to diagnose GHSV1 without an initial horrid outbreak.
I have genital HSV1, confirmed with a swab/culture. I've had a major first outbreak, and mild subsequent ones that in fact are very typical of herpes (always lesions, albeit small and only 2-3). I can tell you that what you are experiencing is not symptoms of genital herpes. And just to clarify genital HSV1 and HSV2 present EXACTLY the same. Only a petri dish in a lab tells the difference.

Sounds like you are way over manipulating the area by all of your descriptions as well. And shaving could be the worst thing for skin that's already irritated such as yours.

I use cetaphil soap only and a daily coat of aquaphor for my dermatitis that was diagnosed a year ago. You may want to try that.

But no, your numerous posts have never, ever sounded herpes related to me.

Read this post as well from Dr. Handsfield, specifically the first paragraph.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Herpes-or-something-else--confused/show/1612970
Ok... So that cut under the clitoris hood doesn't sound like herpes as the dr had told me it didn't?
Ok... I am getting better on my paranoia, sometimes I feel confident, then other times I get so scared. I just need to calm down about it. So I'm also thinking that maybe it's pinworm!!! Because I get a really really bad itch on the crack of my butt, like near the anus, it's horrible at night and when I first wake up!!! I read about untreated pinworm can cause vaginal itching!! And you are so right, I really should not be shaving!! But I tried not shaving like last month and I get so itchy from the hair, it drives me crazy!!!!
And the ants in the panties feeling seems to be more BV related I'm thinking, because it's not a crawling inside feeling it's more like something is bothering the outside of my skin! And everytime I wash I feel relief!
Oh and yesterday I noticed that my undies were bothering the top part of my clit. So I'm going to throw away those undies and get better ones!!

I agree it sounds like something else going on. Have you ever had a swab of your butt irritation to see what that is? Have you had any more blood testing for HSV to put your mind at ease? I just can't understand why girly issues are so difficult to diagnose. I feel your pain.
Well I once went to the ER per my Drs request because it hurt to sit, the dr at the ER found hemmroids, it flares up now and then, so now that I am diagnosed with hemmroids the Drs won't even look there... Altho last week i went to an urgent care cuz I was itching really badly after taking a nap, the dr looks all over and said that everything looks normal, it's just the hemmroids that's making me itch!! But geeze does hemmroids make it itchy about 90 percent of the time in a month!!! I feel itch there all the time and am lucky if I get relief for like two days. But I've been taking fiber like crazy, and garlic supplements and will be taking grapefruit seed extract, I heard those help rid pinworm naturally, if it is that, and fiber helps hemmroids! I am wondering if hemmroids can cause outer vaginal problems??
I think I would demand to have the butt thing swabbed just to know. May be yeast or bacterial infection. Try the Burts Bees zinc baby butt cream. It worked for me when I was using all that vaginal junk that was all over my parts and caused irritation.
Oh and right now I'm feeling horrible pressure on one side of my labia majora, and somewhat on my leg too!! And sometimes my  Bartholin gland flares up and hurts but it never turns into anything that looks like a cyst so I'm not sure why it does that. Yup I'm having all kinds of problems, hopefully my OBGYN can give me insight on what is going on! My periods are wacked out too! I swear if I didn't know better I'd think I was def pregnant, which part of me had thought that a while back cuz pregnant women get these pressure feelings and spider veins down there and girly problems that doesn't clear up easily.
yeah, i once had a yeast infection there, when i had the yeast infection in my vagina, it wasnt pretty... but i do see the hemmroid, and it causes leakage (i know gross). well when i talk to my obgyn i will ask her about my anal problems as well... but i dont think or dont know if she will know anything about it, my GP just brushed it off as hemmroids and said that if it gets worse and doesnt clear up then i have to have surgery, but its last resort!  i have not had any legions there, but i did find white bumps, but showed them to many drs who have told me that those are glands, no reason to doubt them since they never went away or changed at all. i just had it looked at again, altho they never swabbed anything, the dr told me that she sees no signs of infection, it just looks irritated! ugh...
it seems like im never going to get better, if its not one thing its another!!!
on a better note i finished my period and have no more chunkie discharge, and no internal itching so i think its safe to say that i am yeast free!!! as for BV im not too sure... cuz i still feel irritated but then feel better after washing the outer labia.
Ok I have a question about cold sores,
Is it crazy for me to put abreeva on everyday when I see my bf?? I am visiting him soon and dont want a cold sore while I visit! Does abreeva work anyway???
I'm still having one hell of a time trying to figure out what is a cold sore and what is not, yesterday my lips were really chapped and they split in the middle, closer to the inner part of my lip, well the wound didn't scab until today when it split again, but yesterday it didn't scab it had a clear shiny coat to it!! Is that I cold sore?? Or is it normal for a cut to have a shiny cost over it that is not deep enough to bleed? This is a tiny slip in the middle of my lip, but when it split it lookeded like it opened a little but it's tiny and never got bigger, stayed the same and only Hurt when I opened my mouth too wide.
Honestly no one should have to go through all of this stuff without a diagnosis this long. It scares the **** out of me cause of what is going on with me. Maybe you should just put your fears aside and check into a hospital and have them do every test possible and don't stop until they find what's wrong?
I know, but I've been to the ER once for my problems they just diagoned me with BV. Altho that was my first diagnosis of BV, before that my dr only diagnosed me by symptoms! I see my OBGYN on wednesday, I'm hoping that she tests my hormones, I think they are all waked out, and well my anal problems are a whole diff story.., altho they could be linked to my vaginal problems! Ill ask my OBGYN when I see her! Hopefully she will give me some good insight!
abreva barely got FDA approval to say it was effective at speeding the healing of cold sores. no  benefit to using it in general let alone using it daily before seeing your partner.
Ugh.., ok thanks grace!! I just don't want to get a cold sore when I go see him! I guess I'll just have to take my chances!

Oh and now I have new symptoms! I feel pinching in my clitoris!!!!! It won't stop!!! When I lift the hood I see white spots on both sides! One larger than the other!!! But it looks like it's under the skin, almost like the smegma is clogging the glands in my clitoris!!! It's quite uncomfortable!!!

But good news is the lactacyd soap I've been using is doing wonders on my skin!!!! I have no itchiness or irritation on the outside!!! Yey!!!!
But I an having redness on the inner vulva area close to my clitoris... When will it ever end?????
But two more days til I see my OBGYN!!! Yey!! Hopefully this time she really listens and fixes me !
I know this is me becoming paranoid again, but can a yeast infection with BV and yeast infection cream stuck under my clitoris hood cause the abrasion that I had?? I really really wanna believe its not herpes, and want to know if my skin could have been so weak that it could cause an abrasion. It looked really red when I noticed it, like it was bleeding, but I saw no blood then the next morning it wasn't really red anymore, it was healing but it hurt so badly. I know it's been a while since I had it, and I know I keep dwelling on it, but I just want to know if the long term infections I was having, and the fact that at the time I wasn't treating the BV (because no one diagnosed that until later) could cause my skin to cut like an abrasion??
And how long does herpes usually heal?? Or even look like its healing???
I just need a little piece of mind.
Dr told me everything looks normal, but I got BV again! Ugh! So I'm on antibiotics AGAIN!!!! Errrrrr
She said that she really doesn't know why I would have pinching feeling on my clirotis but that we will keep an eye on everything take the antibiotics and see where we go from there, and if everything clears up well then I am going to try some birthcontrol pills cuz I dnt wanna get pregnant when I see my bf!!
Oh and my dr advised that I stop stressing so much!!! She said, relax, eat right and drink plenty of water!!!
chronic irritation can cause all sorts of problems down yonder for us gals.
After talking to my dr and having all your comments I know that I need to stop stressing over this! The fact is I never had a horrible outbreak of legions or blisters down there... So like all you have said, it is unlikely that I have genital herpes. I'm still pissed that I'm not 100% better, but maybe if I relax And stop stressing over herpes then my body could start balancing out and I'll get better!!
Wish me luck that I get better before jan!!! I wanna see my bf with a healthy vagina LOL
I have one word for you....Xanax! Give it a try. My symptoms are 100% better. I have never taken antianxiety or antidepressants in my life so was hesitant. I tried an antidepressant last week and my emotional health and symptoms were much worse within 24 hours. Quit taking it and started Xanax and I feel like a new woman. Think about trying it.
Lol  I have heard of Xanax but am hesitant to take anything, I'm taking at johns wort tea, and since I have I have not been crying out of no where, so that's a big step!!! Lol but if I get worse I will have to talk to my dr about my anxiety
You're a smart girl for trying St Johns Wort. I was thinking of trying it but went for the big guns because I was a wreck for a bit. This has been a Godsend so far. I'm glad you're having success with it! Keep up the good work!
Aw crap! The antibiotics gave me a yeast infection already! I'm debating whether I should self treat myself!!! I'm not itchy but I have all the signs from my first ever yeast infection, (feels like UTI but I pee fine and no blood in urine, chunkie curd like discharge on my panties). I tried calling my OBGYN but there office is closed!!! Errrr!!!
I wouldn't treat for yeast at this point. it might just be the chunkies from treating bv. give it a week and go from there.  
Ok!! I will wait!
So I know I keep asking paranoid questions but would like to ask one more.
What are the chances of getting ghsv1 through saliva? Is there a very low chance, is the chances higher if say using saliva like tube for sex and having a mild yeast infection? how much higher?
Ugh I know I shouldn't be paranoid, I know I need to get over it, but it just sucks not knowing for sure! Me and my bf havent talked it about it in a while, he got annoyed and told me that he's sure I don't have it and I need to get over it. Since we have ignored the subject I haven't asked him if he got a blood test... I'm going to ask him to get one done, if he's neg for hsv1 I have a feeling that I'm going to be even more paranoid. I think that's why I haven't asked him yet.
I do think that I've had oral hsv1 for many years, I may have had it when I was a child. But my cold sores are so atypical!! I chew on my lip until it bleeds and then it heals in three days... I always thought that it was just a nervous habit that I had, but it must be cold sores! I always thought that I chew my lip which makes it hurt so I bite it more until it bleeds, now I think really there is a tingling that makes me bite my lip, then it starts hurting and I bite it until it bleeds which is why it doesn't ooze like a normal cold sore. Idk I'm guessing, it would have been so much more easier if I was neg for hsv1, but 80% of ppl are pos... I guess I never thought I had it before because my ex who had it had really ugly cold sores, like if he accidentally cut his lip it would ulcerate and look ugly and stay for a week, so I always thought that since I cut my lip and it didn't ulcerate I was clear... I was wrong!!! Plus no other guy i was with ever had signs of cold sores... And you said that its highly unlikely to get it from sharing drinks or straws with someone who has a cold sore so i couldnt have gotten it from my bestfriend who gets cold sores on a regular basis(she said that her cold sores are like little bumps that tingle and if she doesnt put stuff on it then it will get bigger until its one huge blister that bursts and ulcerates) I guess it's true, people respond to diff viruses differently.

I am fine most days but then when I think about the cut, and also the time where I couldn't even walk or pee because I was in so much pain on the inner lips, I start freaking out and get pissed off at myself that I didn't go anywhere other than planned parent hood to be seen. I think, what if I had the area swabbed, would it have come up positive?? Idk...
sounds like you are causing the trauma to your lips and it's not a cold sore. that said, trauma to the lips can cause shedding of hsv1 - just something to be aware of if you find yourself doing that and causing yourself open lip sores from it again.

saliva is a poor way to transmit herpes.
Yes but I have been causing trama to my lip for years... And even kissed my bf like that... Actually many bf's and they never got any kind of sores! So I'm really confused! I'm trying really hard not to rip my lips, but I have a condition where my lips peel for three days then the third day looks normal then it starts the process of peeling again!!!! So when it starts peeling I've caught myself ripping the skin off, and sometimes I rip good skin off...so I have been just guessing its a cold sore... But I NEVER had yellow crusting!!!! And everyone i know who gets cold sores has oozing and crusting. Idk... I'm guessing my genes are just good, my brother never gets cold sores... But my mom and dad and whole family does! My mom gets ones on her lip that makes her lip look a Lil swollen but she hides it with lip stick. My dad gets blisters right on the outside of his lip like on the lip linning.
Is it possible that I never transmitted the virus to any guy I have passionately kissed? I mean with the exception of my first bf I kissed 7 years ago, every guy I have kissed has never had a cold sore!!! Yet here I am hsv- 1 pos.
Now I do realize that shedding is higher when I cause trama to my lip... I am trying really really hard not to bite or rip it, but my lip condition makes it nearly impossible.
both possible and probable.

perhaps a dermatologist can help you with the lip issue?
Yes I do need to see a dermatologist... On the Internet I found ppl just like me who have always chewed on there lip and now they have stopped but noticed that its impossible because their lips peel constantly!!! And I found a condition that's like a cycle of peeling then heals looks normal then start peeling again! I do believe I have that... Too bad my body can't get rid of hsv1 this way... I mean my lips are constantly shedding!!!!!
One time I stopped picking it and I had this HUGE flap of dead skin just hanging there on my lip it was gross... So finally I caught my self ripping it off with my teeth which pulled good skin off of where it was attached to... Ugh... Yet I did have an open wound kinda I figured ok that's a cold sore... Three days later my lips looked normal completly normal...
On a better note grace you are right I'm feeling awesome, still taking the antibiotics and still getting the chinkies but Im not itching, I'm getting better and better every day!!! Yey!!!!!!
Hopefully this will be the last round of antibiotics!!!!!
Omg I'm at the point where I just want to rip out my vagina!!!! Why can't I feel normal!!!!!!!!
The one side of my clitotis is irritated again!!!!!!!
I'm on my last day if antibiotics, and I have 3 more days on the second one, I'm not feeling yeasty in just irritated on the outside!!!!! I hate this I hate this I hate this!!!!!!!!!
Omg now the left side of my vagina in between the labia minora and labia majora ( inner and outer lips) is really irritates!!!!its only on one side!!! It's really red and irritated and hurts and itches!!! Omg I hate this!!!
What ever happened....?
Ok basically I had gone to my gyno, she prescribed me flagyl! I took it for 10 days... Then I got a slight yeast infection I waited a couple days then was prescribed diflucan, I took one, in a week I felt better! Since then I've been taking it day by day!! I pray everyday that it doesn't come back. I still have a pinching feeling inside my cliroris but no burning or itching so I'm just happy that those to symptoms are gone!!!
Ugh so right now my *** hurts... **** I know it's TMI but I'm scared about it!! It's only like the whole that's itchy!! The hemmroid looks like its gone but im all itchy!!! WTH!! Now I know that herpes can be near the anus, it looks red and irritated, and like I have been wiping too hard, which I kinda have because it's been itchy! Idk, if I don't have obvious ulcers can I be sure that's it's statistically not herpes?? Or should I go get it swabbed??? See I've been to a dr b4 when I was irritated and they  didn't wanna swab it cuz they said it doesn't look like herpes... I wish that I could get over this!!
Get it swabbed. Demand they do it this time.
Ok I don't like whinning all the time but I have this red spot about the same place I had the abrasion, it's under the cliroris hood and it itched like crazy!!!
I believe that all my infections are over, so far I have normal discharge, and everything looks normal except that one spot under the clitoris hood!!!! I hate it! This is why I think it's herpes!! But no dr would swab the area!! I'm getting sick of asked drs to please test and they refuse to!! Plus I can't see my gyno for another week, and by then this red spot will prolly be gone!
Oh and about the butt... Or anus, it seemed to be my hemmroid acting up again... Ugh...
And now my cliroris hood is slightly red and irritated and it seems as if I'm wet on the outside at all times!!! Yet the discharge looks normal now. It's like I'm sweating or something on the outside, and it looks shinny at all times!!! WTH!!!! Plus it hurts to touch my self down there, not in any specific location, if I touch anywhere it hurts!!! What in the world is wrong with me!!!!! I'm not too bothered until I have to pee, now I pee just fine, it's when I wipe that I feel soar, but I have checked myself everywhere and there is no reason to feel soar, it's like the skin is too thin and irritated!!! Idk what's wrong with me!! I just want to b normal again!!!
Ok grace since I don't know what is normal any more I was hoping that you can answer a question. Now I'm not worried about herpes anymore and I found out that my undies were one of the culprits of my clitoris being irritated. And I've been using a very sensitive dove soap which helps ALOT. So I'm not itchy at all anymore!!!
BUT I have this thick discharge, now it doesn't come on my undies at all, my undies have been pretty dry, it's a big relief!! But when I look down there I see white stuff, it's like thick and creamy, and it stays put, so it hasn't been coming out of the vagina. I'm just worried that it's another yeast infection, altho I feel fine, except for a little sting where I pee but only if I hold it too long, so is this normal discharge or is this another yeast infection?? Should I be seen even though I don't itch?
I think your yeast and my yeast are conspiring together... Today I am literally having the Exact same thing. Also near the clitoris. Its driving me absolutely insane. As for the discharge, I'm having it too. You're not alone! Damn yeast...
On that note, I've read this entire thread now and you were right. Nearly the exact same scenario, including all the symptoms (except I didn't have a cut-like thing, I have a red bump somewhere up the hairline.)
We want our lives back now, god.
Yep I think it's yeast!!! Ugh I hate it!!! This yeast won't go away! I think it's gone and I get BV then I fix the BV and I get yeast!!!! It's a never ending story!!!!!
Well my visit to see my bf won't b as fun... This sux! I haven't seen him in almost a year and I won't b able to have sex with him!!!! I can't believe this!!!!
I just feel like giving up and accepting that I will always have yeast and just live with it.
Ate there any side effects on using garlic cloves to treat yeast infection??
I would like to update and say that I am symptom free for a month!! I used a garlic clove directly in my vagina for two nights and the yeast was gone!!
I've also been using AZO yeast once a day to prevent a yeast infection but so far so good!!!! :)
so happy for u!!! how id u insert the clove??? and how did u get it out the next morn????
So did you find out what that taste bud like patch  area was? I have that same thing on my labia minora, but I'm scared to find out what it might be. It's a little itchy, but hurts more than anything else. I can go to the bathroom fine, but the wiping myself is what hurts. Things like sex or any type of direct contact.