Herpes Community
Extreme burning, can barely walk

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Extreme burning, can barely walk

So before I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and BV, I had extreme burning, it hurt so badly that I could barley walk! I was burning and red all inside the labia minora (vaginal lips). With this burning I had an odorless discharge that looked milky, and I kept wiping it away, but that just made my burning worse. Could this be caused my herpes?? Or could it be from the yeast and BV. I could have had BV for months, because I never got tested for it until recently and have had multiple issues with my vagina for atleast 4 months! Burning, itching, discharge, taste bud looking bump that just disappeared out of no where one day like it fell off, irritation on certain spots for a day or two, it's been a horrible experience!! Oh and in top of that I was sick but only in this last month, when I was burning the first time I had to flu like symptoms, the burning would be there for half a day and be gone for the other half, it seemed to hurt more in the morning. Please let me know what you think.
discharge is associated with yeast and bv infections both.

herpes will not cause lesions to be present for 4 months.

have you been back yet for a proper work up?

grace
I meant to say that when the burning first started I had NO flu like symptoms. But a couple of months later I had gotten a sore throat and felt ill.
I had gone to the ER they tested for BV and yeast both positive. I feel better now, except for irritation, itchiness on one side of my clitoris. After my GP had seem the taste bud looking bump he was convinced that it was just herpes. That same day after a couple of hours of taking benedryl cuz I wanted to believe that my pain was caused my the yeast cream, I felt better but would get off an in pain before urination. That bump was with me for a while and before it disappeared it didn't hurt at all, I had a lady at a clinic look at it and she touched it but it didn't hurt. Can that happen with herpes? Can you have a herpes bump that hurts then all of a sudden not hurt at all. And it had disappeared one day, I cannot find it anymore and I have been looking down there every other day.
I'm not even sure if the bump hurt or if the whole region hurt
go back to be seen again. get properly tested for yeast and bacteria infections vaginally again. not unusual for them to come back.

herpes lesions will not go away in 1 day.
I called my doctor, I found a teeny tiny bump near where the pubic region is on the labia majora, I am hoping to hAve him look at it, it itches in that region and slightly hurts, but mainly itches, looks too small to be in ingrown hair, looks like a hair follicle without the hair, it's not red, but the area does look irritated, but I have been pinching around that area to get a better look at it. The problem is I just started my period litterally today!! Ugh...
I also want to take a blood test to see if the swab test comes back negative. What is the best type of blood test to have done?
stop pinching the skin in that area to see it!! good grief girl - you are adding to your issues!!

You want to have a type specific herpes igg blood test done, preferably the captia test or the herpeselect.
Thank you,
I know I'm going crazy! I hate feeling this way!!
Now my period is acting funny, I'm guessing because of stress! But it's brown discharge, I'm going to wait that out though, hopefully it's just because I've stressed myself out so badly.
My doctor never called me back!! But my insurance company told me that I can refer myself to a OB/GYN so I'm going to call one first thing in the morning! Hopefully I can find one that's not too busy.
Is tea tree oil too harsh on the skin? I heard that it will help for a yeast infection.
I wouldn't be using tea tree oil at this point. Even though I love myself, you do need to be careful with it. It's a turpentine and can be very irritating to our sensitive genital skin. You should never use it undiluted and at this point, since you have so many other things going on, you shouldn't be using it in case it's adding to your issues.  

Thank you,
I am on the yeast cream right now with what the doctor had prescribed me after the antibiotics, I have NO MORE burning at all!!!! I'm really excited about that!! However the yeast did irritate me, but the cream seems to be helping!!
I'm going to see my GP this afternoon, I have asked him for a blood test, hopefully that's what he will be doing when I get in, that one side that was itching like crazy is feeling better, still sensitive but no bumps or blisters on it, just looks irritated from me scratching and pinching. I did however see a grain like bump but I had to pinch the area to see it. I've stopped obsessing over it though. And I made an appointment with a OB/GYN I figured that if I ever have girly problems this bad I'd rather have a person who specializes in that area to see me. Because I do not believe that my GP ever tested anything except for that swab test for herpes. I had to go to the ER to have them test the discharge, in which they found bacteria and yeast. They told me that they believe I was burning because of the bacteria. And sure enough after the third day if being on the antibiotics the burning had gone away!! But the yeast got worse as expected.
vaginitis can be very irritating. since you've had symptoms for 4 months, it might take more than 1 round of medication to get it all gone. If symptoms come back within a month of completing the  medications, be seen to be tested again to see if either is going on again.

did you treat your bf with oral flagyl or vaginal?   the reason I ask is because the vaginal flagyl, causes the chunkies. It's dead bacteria working its way out of your body. I've found soaking in the bathtub with some epsom salts thrown in is soothing while the chunks work their way out.

so much fun being female...NOT!!
OMG that's what that is!!! I was wondering what was comming out of me! Ok!
Well my boyfriend lives in Guam, last time I saw him or had and contact with him was in may. It wasn't until June when I had burning.
See a month before I visited Guam I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and I took diflucan to get rid of it, well guam is VERY humid!!! I'm guessing that could be a factor of why the yeast came back! Well I felt itchy when I left Guam and after I finished my period about three weeks after Guam I started burning, it was off and on burning, it burned in the morning and by dinner time I was ok. I didn't even bother to tell my boyfriend much, he knows I had a yeast infection but that's it, should I tell him to get checked? He never had any problems, and never goes inside me (he pulls out), and we always take a shower after sex. He is perfectly fine, no burning or itching nothing. He is also circumsized, idk if that has anything to do with it.

I know!! It sux!!! I'm still worried about possible herpes, but he has never had any symptoms, oh and I think I get cold sores now, because after worrying like crazy I was biting my bottom lip like crazy, then all of a sudden I got a blister that only looked like dry skin, I only found out that it was a blister because I ripped it open and fluid came out (I know not smart!!!). Altho the scab fell off I'm three days. Still, if it is a cold sore then the blood test will be positive for HSV-1 which doesn't help me.
I meant to type did you treat your bv, not did you treat your bf....lol. darn fingers!!

no, your bf doesn't need any treatment. I just need to learn how to proof read...he he he

yeah the chunkies are not attractive...ick.
Oh ok hahaha
I'm doing better, the cream is helping the yeast!
In sept i will have a OB/GYN, I can't wait, cuz I was getting tried of going to my GP, clinics and ER for girly problems.
I think that my GP is already completely convinced that I have herpes, even tho the swab was negative, I hope that I dont, I feel paranoid and in denial. But my bf lives in Guam and I won't see him til Dec so I'll know what the blood test says before then.
wow, tuff being girly isn't it?
now on to serious stuff;  IF U were diagnosed with bv and yeast u would have been given ANTI FUNGAL and antibiotic AND THEY can be taken at the same time
so I am going to assume u have difucan also called fluconozole for the yeast and antibiotics for the bacterial vaginosis,
NOW HERE IS WHAT U CAN DO TO FIX THIS;
go to a vitamin store (any other store costs more $) , buy the highest Pro-biotics u can get so as to take 200 BILLION cultures daily (not million) for 2 wks, cut to 100 bil x 2 wks, cut to 50, cut to 25, and stop AND STAY at 12 billion daily
NOW IF ON ANTIBIOTICS , u must separate by the time of day 3 hrs or they will cancel each other and u waste money for both (they have no effect on anti fungals for yeast) AND THIS IS SOMETHING u will need in the future for ANY antibiotics because while they kill the bad bacteria, u have trillions of good bacteria THAT THEY ALSO KILL and that is why u need the probiotics.
NOW for the itch; put a capsule of the probiotic into your vaginal cream or better yet
buy extra virgin coconut oil at vit store or any pharmacy area of walmart etc.
WHILE u should  never douche, using the coconut oil is safe and can be mixed with the probiotics for inside and around the area (use of clean fingers is fine)

BTW there r other benefits to the above treatment; it will most likely get rid of any and all G.I. problems like, gas, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation etc.

now u can go on and enjoy the privileges of being female and good for u
I have tried probiotics, I read up on ways to help rid a yeast infection however I never heard of coconut oil! Yea I stayed away from the probiotics while on antibiotics because I heard that it can effect the antibiotics.
The diflucan gave me bad sideeffects so the dr gave me yeast cream instead. Hopefully when the treatment is done I will be back to normal!!
You know all of this started when I changed birthcontrol pills from ortho tri cyclen low to trinessa!!! I've been off any birthcontrol since early June! Now once I'm all normal I'm kind of scared to get back on any birthcontrol.
Ok so I have another question, so the tiny grain of salt size bump I had kept itching, it is located on the labia majora, I've been itching around that area for around a week. I tried having my Dr look at it but he kept saying that he sees nothing. Well today it started to look more like a pimple,  so I slighlt squeezed it and white stuff came out, it looked exactly like squeezing a white head. It didn't burst or pop it just flowed out of the pore. It's nor red, nor does it hurt, I'm still itchy around that area, my question is can herpes act that way, or was that just a pimple, or maybe an ingrown hair. It looks like a hair is suppose to be there, it was so tiny that no one but me could notice it. It didn't bleed, right now it looks like a hair follicle with no hair. What do you think?
Also I'll be getting my blood results in hopefully next week, but I really would like to know if herpes can act like a pimple.
odds are it's just a fordyce spot you are feeling. they can get inflamed with infections/irritation. no more poking and squeezing - it just makes everything worse.  it doesn't sound like herpes at all.
Thank you, I know I'm very paranoid! It seems like every itch and pain freaks me out but when I look there's nothing there!
I'll try not to touch it, it looks normal though.
2 things u r missing;
U may have tried pro-biotics but I seriously doubt u tried what I suggested AND HERE IS WHY; most people will buy probiotics at walmart, drugstore etc and get maybe 10 million cultures; RE-READ how many cultures u need in my post.

CONSIDER THE DIFF; 10 million compare to 100 thousand million

TAKING ANTIBIOTICS and PROBIOTICS
2nd, again RE-READ the post; SEPARATE time of day for pro biotics from anti biotics and u can take both

HOWEVER anti fungals r not the same (difucan /fluconazole)

SO PROBLEMS in a nut shell r generally
fungus   U need anti fungals (this is yeast, athlete foot etc)
bacteria U need antibiotics
virus      U need anti virals

LASTLY the difucan WORKED, again u don't seem to understand; what happens when they work TOO WELL;
u get yeast die off syndrome also called herxheimer reaction THIS IS your body getting over whelmed by all the dead yeast flushing into your system

good luck
actually it's as much about which probiotic you use as anything.

just as easy to pop a fem dophilus by jarrow orally as it is to use any probiotic vaginally. fem dophilus has lots of good research behind it showing it survives digestion and colonizes the urogenital tract in us gals to help ward off vaginitis.

also if you are taking an oral antibiotic , it builds up in your blood stream so it makes no difference what time you would use any probiotics, whether orally or vaginally.
Ok, the brand I was taking was ultimate flora (50 billion) 10 strains is says vaginal support.
The reason why I think that the diflucan didn't work is because I was on it for two weeks and they tested the discharge and there was still yeast!! But there was also bacteria! Ugh but that was before I took the anti biotics!
Ok another symptom I have, after the last day of the cream for yeast which was last night, now my clitoris feels weird, like almost aroused but I am not aroused, what the hell!!!! I checked under the hood and found the cream under there I washed it off but I still feel weird!! OMG I'm freaking out!!!
Dammit!!!!! Now I have intense itching inbetween my labia majora and labia minora! I'm going crazy!!! See I thought it was the yeast but it's still going on!!! This is why I think it's herpes!!! I have had Itchyinf there before, and it's only on one side, altho so far I haven't had any cuts or blisters in that area but still it itches and when I itch it, it hurts!! That area looks pretty dry, there is no yeast on it, I did wipe with vagisil wipes, it helped for a while but then I started itching worse!!! OMG there just can't be another explanation!!! Why oh why does it keep itching!!!! I'm so scared!!! Should I get the spot swabbed??  It's not wet, it's dry though
probiotics are better at warding off infection than treating it. I always recommend fem dophilus because of the good research behind it that shows that it works.  

our clits are filled with nerve endings, that's why during sex, stimulating it feels so darn good. Not unusual for it to get irritated - many things can cause it to occur.

best thing to do is to be seen and get this looked at again. I know it's a pain in the butt to keep going back like this but sometimes you have to do that to get to the bottom of things.

I know, I was rushing this morning to go get it looked at but someone smashed my window in!! Ugh
I'm having discharge again!! I took the last cream the night before last! What is wrong with me!!! I'm going crazy!! It's not as itchy as last night, after I took a shower I felt a little better, but I'm still slightly itchy!! I was really really hoping that this nightmare would be over but it's not even close!!!!!
****!!! Now I am burning inside!!!!! I had pph look at it but they found no yeast, I told them that I thought it was herpes, dr told me she cant swab unless there is a cut or oozing, neither is there! But I'm burning so badly on the inside of my vagina!!! It hurt for her to put anything inside to look!!! Damnit!!! This has to be herpes!! There's no other explaination!!!!
I feel horrible! I have to tell my boyfriend, I told him yesterday that I was itching, he lives so far away, I asked him yesterday if he has had any problems, he said no not ever... I hope I didn't give it to him! I love him so much!
u say u took difucan for 2 weeks? at what strength daily
did u try the probiotic directly, mix with oil (if u don't have e.v. coconut oil, use e.v. olive oil)
mix the capsule in 1/2 ounce oil and apply

and u say u took 50 billion probiotics of some particular brand, do u have any left and how old are they (the claim of numbers is at time of mfg and many will die before u get them)

were u taking antibiotics at the same time; it is important u not take at the same time just like it is important u not eat cheese with antibiotics or they will be wasted killing the culture in the cheese
I had a dr look under a microscope for yeast, she found none!!!!
I just went to urgency care, I asked the lady to please swab for herpes there, she said that there is no use, everytime she swabs it comes back negative, she said to wait for my blood results!
I'm going crazy! She said it looks like BV cuz I have alot of discharge. But it Hurt so badly for them to put the thing in to look inside my vagina. But she said my vagina looks fine, she sees no cuts or blisters or bumps! I dont know what to do or think I'm freaking out!!!! The burning is not as bad as it was this morning, Its still there tho! Do you think that the anti virals could work that fast?? The discharge is still there tho. OMG I'm so scared!!
odds are this isn't herpes going on. your symptoms without obvious lesions makes it unlikely herpes is the cause.

no, antivirals don't work that fast.

many things can cause us gals issues down yonder. I know it's annoying but at this point all you can do is continue following up on your symptoms when you have them.  

grace
I want to believe it's not herpes but I just got the results for bacteria, it's negative!!!! I don't have yeast or bacteria!!!!! And I have discharge!!!!!
It has to be herpes!!! There is no other explanation!!!! Everything else is clear!!!!!
OMG I don't know what to do! I don't know how I got it! OMG I'm so scared!!! I'm terrified!!!
That's what the dr told me after I told her it has to be herpes then! She said that she sees nothing wrong just dischrge, she thinks its a small reaction to the cream I was taking for yeast. I'm still worried!!! I told my boyfriend, he said he's only been with one other person in his life!!!! We have been sleeping with eachother for two years with no symptoms!! But still I think I may have had it all along with no symptoms or I gave it to myself, via orall sex with him then vaginal sex right after! Oh this sux!! But the burning has almost gone away completely, I took only one anti viral! Maybe for done reason it worked fast for me??? Let me know please
OMG so I looked under my clitoris hood and my poor clitoris looks a little purple, it seems as if I pin pointed where the pain is! Now I just can't figure out where on my clirotis, I think there may be the tiniest cut un noticeable to the eye right under my clitoris, like right where the lips meet the clitoris!!!! Crap!!! I hope that this isn't herpes but it's begaining to look more and more like it is!! I'm a little red right there, Oh and one side of my clitoris looks a little white like a white thing is in there!! What in the world could that be! When I touch it, it hurts!! Could that be the herpes? Or the maybe tiny cut under the clitoris? I'm so scared!!! Please help!!
sweetie, you need to calm down!!!  antivirals don't work in one dose for anyone.

just because there isn't any yeast or bacteria in your discharge doesn't mean it HAS to be herpes either. so many other issues for us gals that can cause discharge.

return to be seen wednesday for your new symptoms.
I know I'm sorry, it's just the Dr's are being so unhelpful! They didn't give a full on check, they just looked inside real quick and have an over view of the outside real quick and said I have dischrge but everything is fine! Yet it hurt really bad when they put that thing in me!  I dont know, all I know is after examining myself I notice that the pain is either in my clitoris or just under it, ice seems to be helping.
I can't get in to see an OBGYN, I'm freaking out! I'm not burning anymore but my clitoris feels aroused and I keep getting wet! It's like sprinklers! I found a girl who had been through hell like me, she finally begged a dr to swab and it came back positive for HSV-2!! Her dr told her that the cuts were so small, it was unnoticeable! So that's why I'm freaking out! She never had any blisters or legions, just burning itching and alot of discharge! I had itching which went away, burning which seems to be less, and I still have alot of discharge!
My clitoris, under the hood does feel bruised! Maybe an unnoticeable cut under it! Because every once in a while I have a stinging pain right under my clitoris, but it's only a little red!
Now it stings to wipe and one of my vaginal lips is swollen, where it meets with the clitoris, I still see no cuts or blisters but maybe right where they meet is a cut, I dont know I can't see that close, all I know is that I am still I'm pain!
nothing else I can help you with at this point. you need to be seen for an exam.
Finally I will see a dr tomorrow! Let's see what he says!! I'll let you know!
So get this, today I find yeast, or white stuff inbetween my labia minora and labia majora. How the hell did the clinics miss the yeast?
I'm wondering why the yeast doesn't want to leave me?
The yeast loves you :-)

Keep working with the doctors to get it taken care of.  :(
may or may not be yeast. don't self treat - be seen and get a proper work up done.
I will! I'm going to tell the dr... I'm aware it could be something called lichen sclerosus.  Which would suck because I read that it's not curable just treatable. Well I'll see, I see my GP today, maybe he has my blood results too...
So my blood test came back,
HSV -1 >5
HSV -2 <.9
so this still tells me nothing!!! Because sure I get cold sores I guess, I've gotten a blister on my lip before a couple of times, BUT I still think I may have passed it down there!! I don't really know when I get cold sores, because I bite my lip all the time! I'm still terrified that it's HSV-1 down there!
My dr kept telling me that he does not believe that is the case! He also found bacteria and yeast again! Ugh... So I'm on flaqyl and a diff pill for the yeast!

no you didn't transmit your hsv1 oral infection to the genital area.
I hope that I didn't!
I think I've either had cold sores since I was a little kid, (since my mom has cold sores, and my aunts who kiss Me on the cheek Every time I see them) OR I got it from my bf when I was 16, cuz I kissed him once on the half lip when he had a cold sore on the other side of the lip, I noticed two weeks after that my bottom lip really hurt but I never got a blister, but recently I got a blister on my lip. So it is orally for sure!
I'm still scared cuz when I was visiting my bf, I was biting my lip alot to where I made it bleed and hurt, but I didn't get a blister or an ulcer on my lip, it just healed like normal, but that week while it was healing and didn't hurt I went down on my bf then we had vaginal sex! What do u think, is it possible I gave it to myself?
no it is not possible .  
Ok I'm going to believe you, since I have not had any blisters down there. I guess I was freaking out too much. I think the thing that scared me the most is that I didn't want to put my bf in danger of getting anything from me. I'm still alittle freaked out about the cold sores, because I can only recall getting a single blister twice in my life. And I asked my bf if he ever had a cold sore, he said no. Ugh I don't want to accidentally give it to him... Im just going to have to stop biting my lips and be aware when my lips start to feel funny or hurt for no reason.
Thank you so much for your help!! It really mentally helped me get through this stressful time!
Like Grace said sounds like you don't have genital herpes.

I just wanted to add that when I stress badly or focus too much it tends to cause rashes and other symptoms that aren't really there.

Just a thought. Your test was negative for HSV2.
was your bf tested yet to know his own status?

keep following up on the vaginitis issues. It can take awhile until you get issues like that cleared up sometimes :(  Also remember, no pinching anything and try to keep the crotch watch to a minimum as well as no more TTO or anything like that since your skin is so irritated already.
No not yet, I told him to anyway. But see I came to realize that my whole family gets cold sores! So yeah I was exposed to it early on, cuz my aunts love kissing everytime we say hi and bye! But his family is not affectionate, altho he cld have gotten it but never had symptoms, like I feel lucky to have had only two blisters so far in my life. But I did ask him to get a blood test to see if he's already been exposed.

Oh I know! My dr has me on a diff pill for the yeast, cuz that hard yeast won't leave! And also on flaqyl pill.
Now so far during this time I've been checked for my blood sugar, all is good, I am also negative for HIV thank god! So im not sure why the yeast doesn't want to leave. Maybe stress and this horrible heat?? Idk. I will stop looking down there every two seconds, i know that only stressed me out even more! And I'm just going to keep the area dry and take my pills, keep stress to a minimum and hope for the best!
lots of my gf's have had yeast for months and months. it happens. I've had bv myself for almost 4 years straight. totally sucks and it doesn't mean you have anything else going on causing them - it's just a girl thing .

Yeah sometimes it sux being a girl! This is my second yeast attack, my first yeast attack was like a year ago and when I took a one day monistat cream I was perfectly fine! It's so weird that the next attack didn't clear up, hasn't cleared up for months! I thought that it was the birth control pills, possible pregnancy or you know worst, but it seems like it's none of the above, it's just that Im a girl and sometimes we suffer those things!
it may sound grose but can u plz describe how your discharge is?? i think  i have a similar issue here..
Well when I started burning recently, I opened my vagina to look and it was like water coming out!
Before that the time when I was first burning it was like skim milk, and liked to settle right under my clitoris, when I wiped it away there were no blisters or cuts.
The yeast however liked to be on the outside, it looked like I left dried cream on myself, and inside the yeast looked chunky!
I've had a yeast infection and BV for a while as well, I read a part of your post! I was taking cream for yeast and two days after I was done the yeast came back!!!
I got tested for HIV, it was negative. Like you I thought that there had to be an underlying reason!
Can you sometimes feel the yeast, like it's touching you... I get that sometimes. I hate it! That's part of the reason why I thought it could be herpes! Cuz I heard that you feel weird before and outbreak.
Ok grace I know that you do not believe that my symptoms are that of herpes but I'm having a new symptom that sounds similar to herpes. The side of my vagina hurts, it hurts on my upper thigh to my vagina and up to my hip bone!!! It hurts to stand!!!! My lower back is also hurting a little but the most pain is right next to my vagina. I am not on my period but it kind of feels like I am, even tho there is no blood, just discharge. This is all on my left side only, oh and my vaginal lip on my left side is swollen!!!! It's not huge but there is def a difference between my left and right lip. Ugh it just seems so closely related to what some people feel who have herpes, also the inside of my vaginal lips are red again, and I have slight burning! I've been on antibiotics AND pills for yeast for a couple of days now and have no relief!!!
Could I have PID??? That's the only other thought I have that it could be. I dont see a OBGYN until Monday!!! Ugh this us driving me crazy!!!!
My body is definitly fighting something, I just don't know what!!!!
you need to be seen today, not monday. if you can't get in with your regular provider, go to a walk in clinic.
Ok, I will call my dr!
Oh and last night I couldn't fall asleep because my vagina felt hot! Does that make any sense? Not a burning hot, heat hot, like the temperature rised on my vagina, I tried putting something cool on the outside but it didn't help. And it seems like what ever is wrOng with me is only affecting the left side right now! And yeast likes settling first on the left side of my vagina then the right side.

OMG I wish this nightmare would just end!
actually I do know what you are describing and it totally sucks :(

hope you get some answers soon :)
Well Drs suck! But after a coupe of hours I felt better. I have no idea what tge heck that was!!!
But basically my vagina is still broken! Now I found a white spot on my clitoris! When I lifted the hood of my clitoris (because I was in discomfort and wanted to find the source) I found a white spot it's alittle to the side of the clirotis head, it's a bit painful... Now I've had something like this before but after a couple of weeks this weird hard substance came out, like a large sand, it was odd but I felt 100x better when it came out. I never thought to ask anyone about it, but I have this white spot again and to be honest it's a little bigger than before, could it be a clogged gland? Or worse??? I'm going to ask about it with my OBGYN but I wanted to know what you think. Man I hope my V gets fixed soon!!!
I finally found a good urgent care dr. I am still in pain and saw a red spot, it slightly hurt and I was still not feeling well down there! So I ran to an urgent care to get tested, I know that you think I prolly don't have herpes but I was afraid that that one spot was herpes... Well the dr looked at my cervix and said that I am all inflamed and red... Irritated... So he did some swabs to test for everything!!! I'm scared again... Ofcourse the dr doesn't think it's herpes BUT he knows that something is not right!!! So he is going to test for everything including herpes, via my request!!!
It hurt for him to swab the cervix! I dont know what is wrong with me!!!! I haven't had sex in four months and have been tested for STD bacterias four times since then, AND I am on flagyl, have been for approx 6 days!!!! The yeast doesnt look too bad, it's mainly chunkie on the outside, but my discharge on the inside is creamy white... OMG I hope that i can get better!!!!
I'm still scared it's hsv-1, I know I shouldnt think about it but that red spot is there I can't see close enough but far away it looks like it cld be an ulcer!!!!!! I'm scared!!! It doesn't really hurt tho, but it popped up right now! So who knows it could be... Time will tell!!
From reading your history you know you have HSV-1 orally as cold sores.  The fact is this could be anything.  IT's good your doctor is doing a swab and sending things off for testing.  I don't know all the female issues (being male and all that).  Let's hope we get some answers.
Please keep us posted on your results
I Surely will even if I get that bad news call!
I'm still so afraid that it's herpes. I mean seriously I have a circular cut on the inside of my vaginal lips. And my whole vagina feel extremely hot!!! Like I have a heater next to it!!!
I'm not in much pain, when I first saw the red spot I touched it with latex gloves cuz I currently have a cold sore on my lip, it didn't hurt, but a while ago i looked at it and it most certainly looked like a cut, but almost like it is a pimple that got it's head cut off...now it is sensitive to touch... Which scares the crap out of me Because the only thing in my mind it could be is herpes!!! If it is herpes it's type1!
I can almost feel it! Like I know it's there... But I'm starting to be irritated everywhere on my vaginA. When the dr swabed my cervix it really hurt! I'm still a little sore from it!!
cervicitis can be caused by many things.  herpes isn't the only cause of it. It's also not likely that herpes would cause that at this point either.

at this point I recommend that you STOP LOOKING AT YOUR GENITALS!!  You are poking and prodding and that's not going to help one darn bit dear!!  It also irritates things more too. Put down the mirror, put away the flashlight and stop checking things out!!!  

Try soaking in epsom salts in the bath tub or throw in a packet of aveeno bath in the tubby. Both are soothing to irritated skin. For pain, you can try spraying dermoplast spray ( the blue can for the genital area, not the red can ). it's a topical anesthetic and helps with pain relief externally.

are you using oral flagyl or vaginal flagyl?

Thanks grace for the advises I will try really hard not to look down there... It's just there is definitely a cut... Now to me it looks like a circular cut, the dr just over looked it, didn't even want to swab it, but when he saw it I think that it was either a small cut or just a red spot. The last time I looked at it was last night after my shower... At that time it was pink, a little darker than my normal skin (still circular in shape!) and it's tiny!!! I had to look in a 10X mirror to see if it really was round ... I will refrain from looking at it today... it will be hard but I will... Oh and so far peeing hasn't been to bad but in terrified that soon it will start hurting to pee!
I am so scared. I know that herpes is not the only cause of cervicitis but I've had cervisitis before over a month ago, they never tested for herpes but tested for all bacterial STD's all was neg.
This time the dr I saw last night swabbed my cervix and is testing for everything including herpes!!!! I will have my OBGYN get those results! Now my question is can yeast cause cervisitis and a cut on my inner V lips???? The pills I'm taking for the yeast is not working well... Unless I have something else that everyone is missing!! But when I saw the cut it was hidden behind some yeast discharge, I saw I was red so I very carefully wiped the yeast and saw the red spot! I freaked out and ran to the urgenct care.

I am taking flagyl pills this time.
I am in discomfort right now, Not necessarly in pain... I do feel weird down there, more like something is crawling under my skin!!!! I truly believe it's hsv1, I really really hope it's not but it seems to fit! I afraid that this tiny cut will get worse! But tomorrow morning I see my OBGYN!!!! She will be able to see the cut, hopefully give me good news!
your anxiety about all of this isn't helping you feel any better either :(   Can you keep yourself really busy today so you don't have time to think about your nether regions? wish you lived near me, would hand you a bucket and mop and send you to all my friends who were flooded to help clean their houses!!!

chronic vaginitis can cause the genital skin to thin and tear easily. Hard to tell at this point what is just irritation and what is other stuff. that's why all the poking and prodding just makes things worse - same with wiping off anything you see down there discharge wise, just leave things be at this point!!

just remember, absolutely no alcohol with flagyl!!!  
Yea the pharmacist told me no alcohol! I have stayed away! But Im curious as to why? Will it make my condition worse?
Well I'm not in pain or discomfort at the moment, I hope it stays that way!!! It felt fine to pee and wipe!
I hope that I was just irritated! My V looked very dry yesterday with the exception of the yeasty discharge. Now I feel moist, almost like I'm getting better!!! I surely hope so you have no idea!! But I still don't know what that cut it... It's bothering me, I haven't checked... I can still feel irritated right there but other than that I feel alot better.
I have no idea what is wrong with my body, see I know I shouldn't think about it I know I'm making things 100 times worse for myself but it's so hard not to think about things when you can feel it...
And the fact that I have had multiple cuts/bumps/tears through out this last 4 months. Ironically it's the cuts that scare me because this current cut and the cut I had under the hood of my clitoris are places where it's almost impossible for me to cut myself! I haven't had sex nor have I masterbated throughout this whole time, they just appear out of know where!!! What in the world does that other than herpes?
I think Grace is giving you some good advice that you should 'really' try to follow as much as you can to make all this a little easier on yourself. I realize this can't be pleasant for you at all! But she is really trying to help you. You're going to have to try to 'force' yourself to take your mind off this as much as you can as hard as that might be. Easier said than done, you bet.

But I think that you will find that if you stop examining yourself all throughout the day and try to take your mind off of it you might start to feel a little less anxious about all of what you're feeling. You are spending too much time in between doctor visits with a magnifying glass in your hand and examining yourself too much. You don't realize it, but you are getting to the point where you are 'looking' for things that are wrong. That's not good for you. Get out of the house, go do some window shopping, go to a coffee shop and watch the people, go to a movie, just do something to try and take your mind off it at least for a little while. You might be surprised! Fact is, it's true that when we dwell on our problems and physical pain too much, our minds actually can cause the pain to feel that much worse! Yes, at first it's natural to dwell on it and try to make sense of it all. Nothing wrong with that. But eventually you have to back away from it a little. When we distract our minds with other things, although the pain is still there, it tends to take your focus off the pain as much.

My point is, please try to not pick at and analyze yourself so much. (I'm bad about that myself, so I know) I know that's hard not to do when you're worried and hurting. But if you 'force' yourself to get on with other things, you keep yourself from falling into a hole of allowing yourself to feel scared and anxious and depressed all the time. And staying  cooped up in your home and worrying and analyzing all your troubles and pain does you no good.

Just giving my two cents trying to help you deal with your issues. Please try to do this. I hope you start to feel better. It will help. And some of your pain might actually start to get a little better. And yes as Grace said, picking at and handling your genitals can make it very irritated. The same is true with both males and females. It's all very sensitive skin and should handled minimally especially when it's in pain already from sores etc.

Wish you the best. I hope you start to feel better and the doctors can help you.
IDTB,
I do understand that I can't have this problem be the center of my life right now. I have tried and sonedays I have success, but then the pain or itching or burning or cuts comes back! I try to act normal at work but it's obvious something's wrong with me! I admit I am going crazy over trying to figure out what's wrong with me!! I am going to attempt to keep my mind busy today, because tomorrow I get to see an OBGYN I am very excited because I have hope that this is a step towards be recovering!!!
My boyfriend has pretty much told me exactly what you and grace are telling me, he doesn't sound worried but he said that we shouldn't be worried until we have something to worry about (ie
you will be as sick as you've ever been in your lifetime if you drink alcohol with flagyl - as in go to the ER sick!!  They actually used to give it to alcoholics back in the day to try to keep them from drinking.

sometimes it just sucks being female :(
Oh ok... I'll def stay away from alcohol then!
I can't wait for tomorrow I'll get to see what my OBGYN will say and do for me! Hopefully she will runs tests, maybe it's a hormonal thing... I just want to rule out everything!
All I know is that I'm still uncomfortable, I'm sure the cut is still there... But I guess my urine doesn't hit that area or something because it hasn't hurt to pee at all... Is that unusual?
I know that I have been told many times not to freak out! But I really think it's herpes!!! I feel burning all over! I checked (I know I shouldnt have) but I only looked once! It looks like a dimple!!!!! It's not all that red anymore tho... It is a dark pink, but it looks like a tiny dimple!!!!!! It has to be herpes!!!! Nothing else looks like a dimple!!!! OMG!!!!
I'm sorry I know I shldnt have done that but I need to talk to someone it really does help me to write this down... I need help!!! I need to call a therapist or something... I'm scared!!! I still have yeast too... Or atleast it looks like yeast! It's white stuff in all the cracks of my vulva
So I saw my OBGYN today!!! Yey!! She swabbed the cut! She told me that usually when she sees a herpes legion it is bigger than my cut, but it could either be a cut or herpes :'(
Altho I think the cut may still look fresh... That's not good... And now that she swabbed it, I'm in a little pain... It didn't hurt too bad for her to swab it but still I'm scared!! Actually it hurt worse for her to swab my cervix!!!
She told me that the pills I'm taking are working because there is little discharge! I told her my fear of the yeast coming back! But she just said that I should call if it comes back and she will run tests then. She also did a pap because I told her that my last pap showed displacya (prolly Spelled that wrong)
I still have fear that the cut really is herpes!!!! I know that it is hard to transmit it down there if I already have it on my lip, but I can't think of another reason why I would have a cut!!!! I didn't scratch myself and I didn't wipe on the inside when I saw the cut! I'm terrified!!!! I really really hope that swab is neg! OMG I hate waiting!!!!!!!
Grace, please tell me your opinion, now that I have an obvious open wound do you still think that it's unlikely HSV1???? I heard that HSV1 cab be less severe like only one legion!!!! The dr says she usually sees bigger legions when it's herpes mine is pretty tiny... But she said it looks like a cut, now herpes can look like a cut right? Oh and in your opinion could the fact that my skin is very delicate down there right now from the persistent infection make me get cuts easily?
Please tell me your opinion... Even if it ends up being one or the other I just need more opinions on this.
I don't understand what's wrong with my body!!!! Right now I found brownish mixed with chunkie white discharge!!!! My period is not suppose to start until the 25th!!!!!!!
i am sorry that i keep jumping to different threads.
i need to know, if it is true that it is almost impossible to reinfect yourself then what kind of explaination can there be for the red spot that i have on the inner side of my vaginal lips! its only one spot and its a dark pink, its almost perfectly circular, its not too bothersome, but its been there for 5 days now!!! the dr didnt really have an explaination, i think that she believes it is herpes, because when she saw my cold sore she told me that the things on my lip can relate to issues on my vagina!!!!
now she did say it could be a cut, BUT it hasnt healed yet! and how in the world would i have cut myself TWICE in the same place months apart! and have it be perfectly circular!!
another question,
do we have lymph nodes in our labia majora???
Well, I'm convinced that this is GHSV1! There is no other explanation, my yeast is gone and bacteria is gone. All that is left is this round cut that looks like a nick from shaving (impossible since it's on the inside of the labia minora) it's still there and still sensitive to touch. I'm sorry but a normal cut would have been healed already! I realize that it's in a moist area but still 5 days is plenty. Oh and by the looks of things it seems as if everyone is fed up with me, I dont blame you I'm a very difficult person. I'm really depressed right now cuz it has to be herpes!!! Just like I said before... But you have no idea how much I don't want it to be herpes, you have no idea how much I wish there was a logical explanation.
I do have an idea.  I've been where you are right now.  I'm not fed up with you.  I follow your post and waiting to see your outcome.  I know exactly what you're going through. Wish I could help you.  Just wanted to know you're not posting in vain. People are reading - just maybe can't offer anything to help. The waiting for results suck.
I'm so happy that ppl are interested, yeah I felt like I'm just writing to myself... Wow it really sux being a girl right now!
Yeah I know it's hard to tell what is wrong with me. I really hope that there is a logical explanation other than herpes!!! But well I'm not confident, I know that it's just one cut... But GHSV1 only gives one cut when it reoccurs and well since I have antibodies maybe that's why mine only comes with one... Idk but I'm really scared!!!
If I'm not mistaken, you don't know you have genital HSV1. Only a swab/culture can diagnose genital HSV1. Assume nothing - many other things can mimic herpes, including plain old dermatitis, which I've dealt with as well. Absolutely no reason to hang your hat on herpes when you should be working to find out what is really causing your issues.

HSV1 recurrences are not defined anywhere specifically as one lesion. I have had 2 recurrences with a few minor lesions. They can vary from person to person just as much as HSV2 outbreaks can. Most typically herpes lesions are blisters/ulcerations, not cuts.

Thank you for commenting. Now it's true i have not been diagnosed with GHSV1, I do have HSV1 antibodies, but I get cold sores so it's not a suprize!
Now here is the weird part, when I found that cut, it was the day my cold sore on my lip popped up!!! My dr commented that the cold sore can be related to the cut!!! Could this be true?
Now, the cut is really to small to see if it is infact a cut OR an ulcer! Because its the size of a pen point, one would think that a cut this small would heal in a couple of days, mine has lasted 5 days!!
Now a question I have is are all ulcers diff colors, or can they be red?? My "cut" is only red, or a dark pink. My OBGYN looked at it and didn't specifically say it looked like an ulcer, she said it looked like a cut that is having a hard time healing.
Now another question is since this "cut" is really small do u think that the swab test will be accurate??
Thanks again for commenting!!!!
size doesn't matter when it comes to healing actually ( biting my tongue about using those words...lol ).

at this point continue to follow up with your gyn. I know it's a hassle but it's the best thing to do.
Yea I'm waiting for my test results, she also did a papsmear of my cervix along with the swab of the "cut" I won't get the results of the swab til Monday, and I won't get the results of the pap until 2 weeks from now.
I'm just really scared... And convinced that I gave myself GHSV1... It's a depressing time for me.
Oh and if anyone is interested, the first time this "cut" showed up I just brushed it off because I thought that I was just to rough with myself, I kept checking it everyday but it never really hurt, and I always thought that herpes is suppose to hurt really really badly no matter how small it is.
This time around i don't think that I was rough with myself, I can't think of anything I could have done to cause a cut like this. I have noticed that I tear easily but I've always had a logical explanation for each tear, and it healed within a week without bleeding or ulceration. These tears I'm sure were from the yeast making my skin really fragile. This cut I cannot logically explain, hence the reason why I am freaking out beyond belief!!!!!
You will not transmit your oral herpes to your genitals. This is stated over and over on the STD experts forum by Dr. Hook and Handsfield.

Grace is correct, follow up with your doctor to find out what's really causing your issues.
I understand that this is almost impossible and you have no idea how much I wish that I could believe that!! But isnt it curious that I got this "cut" and cold sore at the same time?
At first I thought that maybe it was just GHSV1 and I don't get cold sores but I just got over an obvious cold sore on my lip so I do infact have oral hsv1!
I'm wishing and hoping that all of you are right that I do not have ghsv1!!!!!
Oh but can blood test be wrong??? I took the test apprx 4 months after the last time I had sex, and my bf only slept with one other person in his life and it has been three years since I slept with anyone else!! But do you think maybe I should get another blood test to truly rule out hsv2? That is IF my swab is neg.
So I read that it is possible to get ulcer looking cuts or just plain cuts from a bad yeast infection, is this true or am I just stretching to far? I did have yucky yeast on the cut, I'm just trying to think of anything because I don't want to believe that I gave myself ghsv1
I don't think you have Genital HSV1!

Also, I think you might want to read the link IO priovided below since you are so interested in the details of how the virus ia and isn't transmitted and the differences between the two types etc.

The article is one of the best that I have EVER read on the two types of HSV and all the questions surrounding transmission of the viruses. It's VERY detailed and seems to be very qualified (cites specific references and quotes many experts from the National Herpes Hotline. It's a fasinating read! It really made me feel a lot better just reading through it and getting a better understanding of the two viruses and how they both work. It busts a lot social of myths too about each type.

I personally think this forum should post it as a sticky for everyone to read before they ask questions. Because it will answer many of them very concisely. It's a must read!

Check it out!

http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.html
Thank you for thinking that, you have no idea how much I dont want to have ghsv1! I mean its bad enough i get cold sores!! The more ppl who believe that the more hope I have. I just don't understand why this "cut" is not gone yet!

Thanks, I will surely look into that website!! Thank you for giving be good information!
Well I read what the website provided... But I didn't give me any hope, it just said it's less likely to transmit it to another part of your body.
The fact is, I have a cut that hasn't healed in almost a week, tomorrow will be a week, it's a dark pink dot, not sure if it's an ulcer, because I always thought that ulcers turn yellow, mine has remained a dark pink color... But it's pretty round... I keep hoping that maybe it's an abrasion, like maybe the yeast and friction caused a small open cut, its not a tear, nor is it a paper cut! It's round it's not raised, it hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller, it doesn't hurt, but I haven't Attempted to poke at it at all since I got the swab test done. Maybe it is a tiny ulcer :'(
I'm so scared to find out on Monday.
I just have a bad feeling
the website that was posted is pretty old. I haven't referenced it in a few years because a lot of the info there is outdated now :(

I know it's hard waiting but it's all you can do at this point.

it's all but impossible to transmit your own hsv1 infection to your genital area.
I'm keeping the faith for you. I still feel you probably are ok. That single dark pink spot doesn't hurt right?! If you weren't looking down there every day, you might not even know it was there. I feel you may be over anylizing. But Monday will tell. Hang in there.

As for the article, I suggested it to you not in regards to you finding solace from your worries about your pink spot, but more as a general read in reference to some of what appeared to be your concerns about transmission to different parts of the body etc. I feel it's a good read. And I know Grace said it's an old website. But I don't know that it's all that  outdated based on other comparable sources of info that are out there or have been quoted..And I noticed that the web page also has the copyright updated  (1996 -2011 Herpes.com.) at the bottom. I may not be a Herpes "expert" but I'm fairly knowledgeable on copyright as I'm in a business that copyrights are talked about and referenced on a regular basis. Regardless, the article was donated by the American Social Health Association. It cites experts from Washington State University, Counselors from the National Herpes Hotline and other leading researchers. And I've read through the article several times. Most of what it says is in line with what I see posted recently and then some. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I have no interest in picking arguments and doing any *** for tat, but I generally I think the article stands up and I suspect any changes have been minimal. And I would guess with the updated copyright of the web page, most of what is posted is still viable info or possibly even been updated. Who's to say really? Like I said, most of what I read in that article seems to be for the most part right in line with what's currently put out. And reading the article you can tell a lot of time went into it's content. If some may be put off that a nobody like myself suggested it as a read, I'm fine with that and I understand and I get it. But I personally stand by my own opinion of it being a pretty darned informative & good read, and sensible and straight forward and I see nothing wrong with the article and I don't mind expressing that to whoever sees it. It's worth a read by some folks imo.
Yeah it's very hard waiting, and the fact that it hasn't healed yet just makes me believe that it is herpes,
Plus I've had the exact thing in the exact same place! What else does that?
I know I need to stop dwelling on this but I can't help it, I wish that there could be another obvious explanation, but there's nothing!
Thank you,
Yes that's right it never really hurt, the only time it hurt was after the OBGYN swabbed it, that's when it stung a little. The reason why I noticed it was because I was cleaning the yeast and looking in the mirror to get most of the yeast away from the outside of my vagina.
That's when I saw the red spot!!!
Ugh... It's still there, I guess it is kind of hard to see it, the OBGYN had to look for a min until she saw it. It's pretty small, but it's round, a circular shape!!!! Maybe it is an ulcer!!!! OMG I dont know!!! I'm very scared its so hard for me to really smile, and I keep having to go to the restroom to cry!!! Because well Im very afraid that I'm going to give it to my bf if I haven't already!!
If he doesn't have it for sure and I do, I wld have to break up with him, because I love him too much, and he lived his life making sure he wld not get an STD and then here I come and maybe ruin that. Ugh...
Well there's an up side, I am now completely burn and itch free!!!!!! After my period started I have felt 100%!!!!! all I have right now is normal period irritation which is NOTHING compared to what I've been through!!!! I just hope that it doesn't come back!!!
OMG it's still there!!!!!!! I'm sorry but if it were anything else, or just a normal cut it should have been healed by now!!!! It's been exactly one week!!!!!!!! I can't take this anymore!!!!!! I'm so sad!!! It can't be anything else!!! :'(
Ok the "cut" finally looks like a teeny tiny scab, well we will all find out hopefully tomorrow what this is. I'm super scared!
Darn! The test hasn't come back yet!!!
The receptionist told me that they will call me if they find something! Ugh... Now I'm going to be afraid of every single call I get this week!!!!
OMG I can't live like this!!! I'm going to go crazy!!! And next week I'm suppose to get the results of my pap smear... I don't know how I'm going to be able to relax now :(
Well I haven't heard anything yet,
But now I'm itching again!!! I seem to start getting itchy right under my clitoris hood on the left side, then outside of the clirotis hood on the outside!!! I dont get it!! This is why I think it's herpes, sure I know except for the tiny cut I had of the inside of my V lips I haven't had much symptoms, but ok, on the left side of my vulva seems to be where I'm affected the most, for instance, the V lip that connects to the clitoris is always red and a little swollen only on the left side!!! Then the skin underneath the clitoris hood is sometimes red and itchy again only on the left side!!! And the outside skin mainly on the left side!!!! I'm so confused and I just dont know what else it could be!!! And it's killing me, I need answers and solutions!!! I've tried using anti fungal cream, they don't help, actually before sometimes they made things worse, hydrocortisone on the outside of the vulva doesn't really work either, all that seems to work is shaving, keeping the area dry and open, and it will reduce in itchiness and red ness for about three days, then come back full force, sometimes when I don't do anything at all it gets worse!!! I have to wash off the yeast looking stuff on my skin to get some relief!! I tried coconut oil, it seems to help a little, altho I'm not putting it inside, just in the out side because I feel like the inside is finally in balance, it's just the outside that is getting invaded my yeast!!!!!! Atleast I think it's maybe yeast... I always find white stuff inbetween the labia minora and labia majora. It's still not gone! But the yeast from vagina is gone! I have no discharge so far, and my period ended a couple days ago. Oh and the left side of my v lip close to where the clitoris is, is ALWAYS swollen! It has not looked normal in atleast 5 months now!!!!
are you sure its yeast on the outside? sometimes its natural ..what do i call it..sebum etc which accumulates and looks whitish. when you have yeast issues..it almost always is inside the vagina. your saying tht u dont have any discharge..so i doubt if its yeast! may sound grose bt hv u chked the insides.. lik with a finger? just see what kind of discharge u get.. if its clear.. then i dont think the outside one is yeast!
I know, I'm thinking the same thing! I really don't know if it's yeast! But it sure is itchy!! And it seems to come back fast! Last time I showed it to my dr, he just looked at it and said, yep that's yeast! But he didn't take a sample!!! If it starts to build up more I'm going to have my OBGYN look at it! Right now I'm getting off and on itchiness! So like I'll be really itchy for an hour and then I'll be fine for another hour then it comes back. Right now it went away. Last time I had this yeast on the outside, the yeast on the inside showed it's face after about a week i think.
If it gets worse tomorrow I'm calling my OBGYN and see what she says. Ugh but I'm afraid to hear about my test results!!!
u have 2 b brave n face it!! even herpes is not the end of the world... many mny ppl r livin with it! so relax! atleast ul knw what it is finally!! it will take a big load off ur head
I know but it's scarry!!! I mean I know it's not hsv2! My blood test is neg for hsv2. So it has to be type1! Now on the left side under the cliroris hood is red, and itchy and irritated!!! Pretty much my whole left side is irritated!!!! I'm so sick of going to the dr for everything!!! I feel like I live there!!! Seriously should I just wait until I get the results from the swab test? Or the pap test? Or should I be seen for the redness and itchiness I have? It's always on the same place!!!!! I always start to itch there first before I start to itch everywhere!! Or before I start to burn everywhere!!! I have not had a good relief for so long!! This time I thought I was finally 100% better, now just four days after my period my skin is inflamed! I dont get it, I'm really scared and I'm sick of practically living in the Drs office!!!
Please tell me your opinion!
Right now one side of my clirotis hood is red, it's on the outer rim, when I pull it back it's obvious that I'm a little swollen and red on the left side only, again the v lip where it is connecting to the clitoris is a little swollen and red as well, and I am itchy on the left side!!! Oh and the redness on the clirotis hood seems to be only in a small general area, I've had this happen multiple times during my horrible horrible experiences with vaginal infections, except this time there really is no discharge, my vagina seems fine, I do get the white stuff in-between my labia minora and labia majora, and white stuff under the hood of my clitoris. But that's it! I think it's herpes! I hope it's not, you have no idea!!! But in running out of options on what it could be!!!!!
I'm still itchy!! And irritated just on the left side of my clitoris!!! Please give me your opinion
Ok I was looking up my symptoms and a mild version of VIN seems to be what I have, burning itching of a specific area of the vulva!! But I can't rule out herpes! I've heard of multiple accounts where people will only have burning and itching, no lesions and they have herpes!! Oh and my cold sores on my lip rarley ever show up as blisters or ulcers, my cold sores are usually just a red area on my lip that bothers me, only twice has it turned into a blister.
stop poking and prodding and wiping things dear!!

nothing else we can really help you with at this point.  it's not likely to be a herpes issue. continue to follow up with your providers to try to get to the bottom of things.
I know, I have tried to not touch the area.
I called my OBGYN she is out!! So I won't hear back until either Friday or Monday!!! All the receptionist told me was to use antifungal cream on the area. This is killing me!!!
I know it's unlikely herpes, but right now it's localized to one area!! Just like herpes does! If it were a yeast infection then I'd be itchy everywhere! But I'm not!
UPDATE:
The swab of my cervix done when I had cervisitis was neg for all STDs including both types of herpes...
Now on Friday or Monday I will find out about the swab of the cut that has finally healed completely!
Grace,
This is a BV related question,
So I thought that I was getting another yeast infection and I just smelled the discharge(kinda gross) but it was a really really foul fishy smell!!! So I'm guessing that it's BV AGAIN!!!!!!
My question is, could itching on the outer labia minora, actually inbetween the labia minora and labia majora be from the BV? Or could there be something else wrong with me, like yeast as well?
See obviously like I've said in the past comments I've been itching like crazy, called my OBGYN haven't recieved a call back, I thought it was yeast or herpes related, I have a little discharge but now it's stinky!! I never had it stinky before! It's not really strong but it's pretty gross...
I'm asking you because you said that you fought BV for a long time so, when you had BV did it itch like crazy on the outside?
Obviously I'll ask my OBGYN but I won't hear from her until hopefully Monday, I'll also hopefully have the results of the "cut" I had on Monday as well.
I itched non-stop with bv and even had a sensation like ants in my pants with it too. drove me half insane!! ( wasn't a far trip mind you....he he he )

I'm still not positive what this itching is from. It hurts to touch the area, but it's itchy, and red!! This is all on the outside! I feel perfectly fine on my inner vaginal lips, and it's only on one side!!!
It's kind of freaking me out!! I really really hope that my OBGYN calls tomorrow!!!!
Oh and I an having a good amount of white watery discharge, and the only think that soothes the irritated skin is water with baking soda, but it intensifies the fishy odor. Oh and the veins on my labia majora is now more pronounced, it looks like spider veins, ugh I'm still all screwed up! I just want to be normal again!!
I understand completely. I just want to be normal again too. I want my happy back and my health too. Keep the faith. I'm thinking of you!
Thank you! I need as much support as I can get!
It's so hard for me to concentrate at work! My girly problems is the only thing on my mind!!
So oddly enough, a ice pack on the outside of my vagina is really soothing! I don't know why my poor skin is irritated, I've tried every cream I could think of! All of them only help temporarily!
I'm going to stick with the baking soda and water for now, until I get a hold of my OBGYN.
I can relate. It takes over your whole life. Keep on with the baking soda. I tried Epsom Salts but it was way too drying and made things worse. Fingers crossed for you!
Oh no, I dont know what is or was wrong with me but the part inbetween my labia minora and labia majora that was itching and hurts real badly is now feeling better, and I didn't really do much! All I did was put baking soda and water on the area and kept it dry, I'm scared that it is herpes again cuz if it was a yeast infection or bacterial it would be getting worse not better!!! OMG I don't want it to be herpes, I'm really scared!! my dr hasn't given me the test results yet, she called I told her my symptoms she wait it's BV she was going to call in a prescription, and said that she needed to call me back for my test results. But when I went to the pharmacy the prescription was not called in!! But she never called for my test results!!! OMG OMG I'm freaking out!!!!!
B-R-E-A-T-H-E

Don't discount the amazing effects of baking soda in soothing general irritation caused by anything.
I know, baking soda is amazing but it's too amazing, I'm so scared, I wish my dr would have just told me today!!!! I dont know why she didn't call back!! I'm freaking out! That cut I had, well Its not a cut anymore it's more like a scar now, it's still there, doesn't hurt at all, it just looks like a mark.
And now the hot feeling in my vagina is back!!!
I swear now i think that I have a really bad hormonal issue!!! My vagina can't seem to get the bacteria/yeast ratio right anymore! :(
UPDATE:
The receptionist told me that all my tests cane back normal, I asked her if she was talking about both my pap and the swab of the cut and she said yes, I asked "so there was no infection found" she said no nothing was found!!
So I guess the cut was just a cut! And I also don't have dysplacia!! Yey!! So this just must be an imbalance of my body! Oh and the prescription was called in today! So hopefully I'm on my way to being fully recovered!
I'm going to stop stressing about herpes unless I get an obvious outbreak/ulcers/blisters.
Great news!!!
YES its great news!! But something is still wrong with me, I'm taking anti biotics for BV, but today I noticed that one side of my clirotis hood, kinda on the outer edge is swollen!!! It's not huge or anything but ite red and at first it looked like something was inside so I touched it and the skin feels normal there is no cyst inside it's just swollen!!!!!! WTF!!!!! I want to be normal again!!
What causes swelling? Can BV cause swelling?
OH NOooooooo!!!!!!!!! Crap!! The cut is a cut AGAIN!!!!! It's red and irritated!!!!!!!!!! OMG I don't know what it is!!!! I'm so scared!!! I just want to be normal again!!! What in the world happend!!! Why didn't it heal right!!!!!!!
I'm having chunkie discharge as well and my skin is red and irritated!
Ok I'm getting a little worried, and to be honest I've been to the dr far too many times, and would really rather not go see one again for this problem. Ok so basically I'm on antibiotics for BV again, I think the yeast is comming back but I started taking vaginal suppositories from a health food store, it suppose to help with a yeast infection. Well the outside of my vagina is still itching, it's only on my left side and well you know those normal bumps on the outside of the labia minora? Well I noticed that on that side those bumps are being alot more noticeable!!! I looked on my right side and I see far less bumps!! So I'm getting worried about it!! Last time I had this problem I tried having a dr look at it but she just said that bumps in that area are normal! Well are they normal? Can the irritation make the bumps more noticeable?? Or should I pay another 20 to have a dr look at it?
Good news!!! I took my last antibiotic pill yesterday and I'm feeling much better !!!!!
I hope that it stays this way!!!! BV is a pain!!!!
I'm afraid that it will come back like it has, but I've been taking femdophilus everyday, and trying to eat yogurt everyday! I hope that I can get this under control!
But since I've had 3 swab test come back neg I'm going to relax on the whole herpes issue!!
Thank you all for your support!!!!!
best of luck!!!

take femdophilus 2x/day for a few weeks until you've been vaginitis free for a bit.
Ok!!! Will do!!!
Oh and I've been washing with baking soda and water, one of my friends said that I should look into the risks, are there any risks with washing with baking soda and water?? It's helped ALOT with the irritation on the outside of my vaginal area!
no risks . it's very soothing to irritated skin.   it pretty much just softens the water.
YES it's like magic!! Lol!! The first day I washed with it I felt sooo much better!!!
Thank you for all your help!!! I know I've been a pain lol!
when u say take femdophilus 2xday ..do u mean 1 tablet twice or 2 tabs twice a day??
my x is in the same boat, her herpes igm came back positive, but igm, dna, swabs came back negative. Her pee burns non stop, they put her on herpes meds (but i think the dr's are wrong) cause my igm is negative. She cant stop the pain, the herpes meds helps her a bit but hasnt cured the problems.. Im about to just poney up the dough and get her to a specialist..
I meant our IGG is negative..
Yeah at one point it burned really badly to pee and I was all red on the inside, but I think that was because I waited months before getting properly treated.
Did the Drs ever test for BV and yeast?
Well I'm neg for hsv2 igg
But pos for hsv1 igg?
I just wish that I was neg for hsv1 cuz then I wouldn't have been worrying at all... My fear was that i transferred my cold sores down there because I never knew I really got cold sores, mine were not the traditional kind.
Well I can feel the burning starting up again, it's mild right now but it's def coming back!! But right now everything looks normal down there... I'm so sad! I'm going to wait it out tho maybe it will get better? Idk I'm so tired of this!!
I haven't had any sexual contact since may!!! WTH!!!! So it's not like it's being passed back and forth!
Hang in there. I am still recuperating from my biopsy. Doing ok though. Still keeping my fingers crossed and praying alot. I've added you in as well.  :)
Thanks!!! I've been getting better!!! Yey!!!! But now my period is late, ugh... I still think all of this is some hormonal issue! I still have some kind of discharge but I'm not burning at all, and not too itchy.  I'm guessing that this might be normal discharge, but at this point I don't know what is normal!
Oh and grace I have these white bumps next to my clitoris, I showed them to a dr at a clinic before but he ruled it as folloclitus (misspelled) but I don't know sometimes it itches and sometimes it doesn't, im not sure whether it has gone away and come back because I haven't been monitoring myself anymore. I'm just scared... I know I shouldn't be scared but I still get scared about herpes. It's tiny white bumps, looks like pimples, even has what looks like hairs coming from it, if I made the skin tight it looks like normal glands I have there but it's way more noticeable then it ever was before!! Could it be clogged pores? I didn't want to take antibiotics for the folloclitus  because of the yeast issue but now I'm thinking maybe I shld go to a dr and maybe get antibiotics for it? Idk I'm so tired of seeing Drs and I spent way too much money already on drs
doesn't sound like it's worth more antibiotics at this point. just give the area some extra tlc at this point.  
Ok I will do that, I've been trying to make sure the area is clean and dry, I seem to be getting better. Finally! I know the BV is gone yey!!!!! The yeast however seems to be gone but not too sure, I'm not too itchy tho.
I'm just happy that I feel more normal then I have in months!!!
glad something is finally clearing up down yonder for you!!!
I really thought I was getting better but now I have a whole different kind of pain!!! The bone just above my clitoris hurts alot!!! And that area feels like pressure is being applied even thought there is nothing!!!! My clitoris hurts a little too, just one side, the sane side that was itchy before!!! OMG I feel like breaking down and crying!!! I'm never going to get better!!!!
Then I checked a sight that scared the cral out of me, it said that clitoris pain is from herpes!!!!! WTH!!! Is this true?!?!?! I'm so scared and this pressure on my bone won't go away!!! I see my OBGYN in one week!! Please give me some insight. What in the world is wrong with me, nothing looks abnormal!!! NOTHING!!!
I was doing so good in believing that I'm genital herpes free but I keep thinking about that one time I had a cut under my clitoris hood, it was very painful but I noticed it at night and had it looked at in the afternoon of the next day, the dr looked at it and said that it's already healing and she refused to do a swab test on it, it was very painful for two days but it did look like it was healing after just one night, I don't remember how long I had it but im scared that it was infect ghsv1, because I just read somewhere that clitoris pain can be due to herpes, after an outbreak and can stay with you for years!!! OMG I've had off and on clitoris, itch and pain since then!!! I'm so scared again!!!! I mean seriously what else could have caused a cut/abrasion under my clitoris hood, at the time I was taking cream for yeast and I remember I was feeling funny on my clitoris I took a shower and my clitoris Hurt, I shaved then I got out of the shower and I pulled the clit skin up because I was in pain and sure enough there it was it was extremely red like it was a fresh cut/abrasion. Then the next day it was only slightly red, and at first glance you couldn't see it too much but man it Hurt sooo badly!!!!
Well I'm scared that this really is herpes and i know I should have gotten it swabbed right then and there I'm still pissed that the dr didn't swab the area!!!!
I don't know what to do or think, the side of my clitoris that hurts is the side that the cut was!!! Could it just be nerve damage from a regular non herpes abrasion??? What do you think???
Just to update on the small cut on inner labia that was neg, it is still there!!!!! So I have had it for over one month!!! What in the world could it be?!?!?! It doesn't hurt but it also isn't normal!!!
Oh and it hurts to touch the bone above my clitoris, I feel like I have ants in my pants, and one side of my clitoris hurts and itches but if I touch it at all it hurts. My period is almost over and I see my OBGYN on wednesday. I'll update on what my dr says,.. If any one is interested at all anymore lol!! I know I keep complaining but I just want to be 100% already!!!!!!
I've been using a soap called lactacyd and wow that stuff really helps!!! But by the end of the day I feel itchy again... Maybe BV again???? Idk but I'm still scared!! And I know how hard it is to diagnose GHSV1 without an initial horrid outbreak.
I have genital HSV1, confirmed with a swab/culture. I've had a major first outbreak, and mild subsequent ones that in fact are very typical of herpes (always lesions, albeit small and only 2-3). I can tell you that what you are experiencing is not symptoms of genital herpes. And just to clarify genital HSV1 and HSV2 present EXACTLY the same. Only a petri dish in a lab tells the difference.

Sounds like you are way over manipulating the area by all of your descriptions as well. And shaving could be the worst thing for skin that's already irritated such as yours.

I use cetaphil soap only and a daily coat of aquaphor for my dermatitis that was diagnosed a year ago. You may want to try that.

But no, your numerous posts have never, ever sounded herpes related to me.

Read this post as well from Dr. Handsfield, specifically the first paragraph.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Herpes-or-something-else--confused/show/1612970
Ok... So that cut under the clitoris hood doesn't sound like herpes as the dr had told me it didn't?
Ok... I am getting better on my paranoia, sometimes I feel confident, then other times I get so scared. I just need to calm down about it. So I'm also thinking that maybe it's pinworm!!! Because I get a really really bad itch on the crack of my butt, like near the anus, it's horrible at night and when I first wake up!!! I read about untreated pinworm can cause vaginal itching!! And you are so right, I really should not be shaving!! But I tried not shaving like last month and I get so itchy from the hair, it drives me crazy!!!!
And the ants in the panties feeling seems to be more BV related I'm thinking, because it's not a crawling inside feeling it's more like something is bothering the outside of my skin! And everytime I wash I feel relief!
Oh and yesterday I noticed that my undies were bothering the top part of my clit. So I'm going to throw away those undies and get better ones!!

I agree it sounds like something else going on. Have you ever had a swab of your butt irritation to see what that is? Have you had any more blood testing for HSV to put your mind at ease? I just can't understand why girly issues are so difficult to diagnose. I feel your pain.
Well I once went to the ER per my Drs request because it hurt to sit, the dr at the ER found hemmroids, it flares up now and then, so now that I am diagnosed with hemmroids the Drs won't even look there... Altho last week i went to an urgent care cuz I was itching really badly after taking a nap, the dr looks all over and said that everything looks normal, it's just the hemmroids that's making me itch!! But geeze does hemmroids make it itchy about 90 percent of the time in a month!!! I feel itch there all the time and am lucky if I get relief for like two days. But I've been taking fiber like crazy, and garlic supplements and will be taking grapefruit seed extract, I heard those help rid pinworm naturally, if it is that, and fiber helps hemmroids! I am wondering if hemmroids can cause outer vaginal problems??
I think I would demand to have the butt thing swabbed just to know. May be yeast or bacterial infection. Try the Burts Bees zinc baby butt cream. It worked for me when I was using all that vaginal junk that was all over my parts and caused irritation.
Oh and right now I'm feeling horrible pressure on one side of my labia majora, and somewhat on my leg too!! And sometimes my  Bartholin gland flares up and hurts but it never turns into anything that looks like a cyst so I'm not sure why it does that. Yup I'm having all kinds of problems, hopefully my OBGYN can give me insight on what is going on! My periods are wacked out too! I swear if I didn't know better I'd think I was def pregnant, which part of me had thought that a while back cuz pregnant women get these pressure feelings and spider veins down there and girly problems that doesn't clear up easily.
yeah, i once had a yeast infection there, when i had the yeast infection in my vagina, it wasnt pretty... but i do see the hemmroid, and it causes leakage (i know gross). well when i talk to my obgyn i will ask her about my anal problems as well... but i dont think or dont know if she will know anything about it, my GP just brushed it off as hemmroids and said that if it gets worse and doesnt clear up then i have to have surgery, but its last resort!  i have not had any legions there, but i did find white bumps, but showed them to many drs who have told me that those are glands, no reason to doubt them since they never went away or changed at all. i just had it looked at again, altho they never swabbed anything, the dr told me that she sees no signs of infection, it just looks irritated! ugh...
it seems like im never going to get better, if its not one thing its another!!!
on a better note i finished my period and have no more chunkie discharge, and no internal itching so i think its safe to say that i am yeast free!!! as for BV im not too sure... cuz i still feel irritated but then feel better after washing the outer labia.
Ok I have a question about cold sores,
Is it crazy for me to put abreeva on everyday when I see my bf?? I am visiting him soon and dont want a cold sore while I visit! Does abreeva work anyway???
I'm still having one hell of a time trying to figure out what is a cold sore and what is not, yesterday my lips were really chapped and they split in the middle, closer to the inner part of my lip, well the wound didn't scab until today when it split again, but yesterday it didn't scab it had a clear shiny coat to it!! Is that I cold sore?? Or is it normal for a cut to have a shiny cost over it that is not deep enough to bleed? This is a tiny slip in the middle of my lip, but when it split it lookeded like it opened a little but it's tiny and never got bigger, stayed the same and only Hurt when I opened my mouth too wide.
Honestly no one should have to go through all of this stuff without a diagnosis this long. It scares the **** out of me cause of what is going on with me. Maybe you should just put your fears aside and check into a hospital and have them do every test possible and don't stop until they find what's wrong?
I know, but I've been to the ER once for my problems they just diagoned me with BV. Altho that was my first diagnosis of BV, before that my dr only diagnosed me by symptoms! I see my OBGYN on wednesday, I'm hoping that she tests my hormones, I think they are all waked out, and well my anal problems are a whole diff story.., altho they could be linked to my vaginal problems! Ill ask my OBGYN when I see her! Hopefully she will give me some good insight!
abreva barely got FDA approval to say it was effective at speeding the healing of cold sores. no  benefit to using it in general let alone using it daily before seeing your partner.
Ugh.., ok thanks grace!! I just don't want to get a cold sore when I go see him! I guess I'll just have to take my chances!

Oh and now I have new symptoms! I feel pinching in my clitoris!!!!! It won't stop!!! When I lift the hood I see white spots on both sides! One larger than the other!!! But it looks like it's under the skin, almost like the smegma is clogging the glands in my clitoris!!! It's quite uncomfortable!!!

But good news is the lactacyd soap I've been using is doing wonders on my skin!!!! I have no itchiness or irritation on the outside!!! Yey!!!!
But I an having redness on the inner vulva area close to my clitoris... When will it ever end?????
But two more days til I see my OBGYN!!! Yey!! Hopefully this time she really listens and fixes me !
I know this is me becoming paranoid again, but can a yeast infection with BV and yeast infection cream stuck under my clitoris hood cause the abrasion that I had?? I really really wanna believe its not herpes, and want to know if my skin could have been so weak that it could cause an abrasion. It looked really red when I noticed it, like it was bleeding, but I saw no blood then the next morning it wasn't really red anymore, it was healing but it hurt so badly. I know it's been a while since I had it, and I know I keep dwelling on it, but I just want to know if the long term infections I was having, and the fact that at the time I wasn't treating the BV (because no one diagnosed that until later) could cause my skin to cut like an abrasion??
And how long does herpes usually heal?? Or even look like its healing???
I just need a little piece of mind.
Dr told me everything looks normal, but I got BV again! Ugh! So I'm on antibiotics AGAIN!!!! Errrrrr
She said that she really doesn't know why I would have pinching feeling on my clirotis but that we will keep an eye on everything take the antibiotics and see where we go from there, and if everything clears up well then I am going to try some birthcontrol pills cuz I dnt wanna get pregnant when I see my bf!!
Oh and my dr advised that I stop stressing so much!!! She said, relax, eat right and drink plenty of water!!!
chronic irritation can cause all sorts of problems down yonder for us gals.
After talking to my dr and having all your comments I know that I need to stop stressing over this! The fact is I never had a horrible outbreak of legions or blisters down there... So like all you have said, it is unlikely that I have genital herpes. I'm still pissed that I'm not 100% better, but maybe if I relax And stop stressing over herpes then my body could start balancing out and I'll get better!!
Wish me luck that I get better before jan!!! I wanna see my bf with a healthy vagina LOL
I have one word for you....Xanax! Give it a try. My symptoms are 100% better. I have never taken antianxiety or antidepressants in my life so was hesitant. I tried an antidepressant last week and my emotional health and symptoms were much worse within 24 hours. Quit taking it and started Xanax and I feel like a new woman. Think about trying it.
Lol  I have heard of Xanax but am hesitant to take anything, I'm taking at johns wort tea, and since I have I have not been crying out of no where, so that's a big step!!! Lol but if I get worse I will have to talk to my dr about my anxiety
You're a smart girl for trying St Johns Wort. I was thinking of trying it but went for the big guns because I was a wreck for a bit. This has been a Godsend so far. I'm glad you're having success with it! Keep up the good work!
Aw crap! The antibiotics gave me a yeast infection already! I'm debating whether I should self treat myself!!! I'm not itchy but I have all the signs from my first ever yeast infection, (feels like UTI but I pee fine and no blood in urine, chunkie curd like discharge on my panties). I tried calling my OBGYN but there office is closed!!! Errrr!!!
I wouldn't treat for yeast at this point. it might just be the chunkies from treating bv. give it a week and go from there.  
Ok!! I will wait!
So I know I keep asking paranoid questions but would like to ask one more.
What are the chances of getting ghsv1 through saliva? Is there a very low chance, is the chances higher if say using saliva like tube for sex and having a mild yeast infection? how much higher?
Ugh I know I shouldn't be paranoid, I know I need to get over it, but it just sucks not knowing for sure! Me and my bf havent talked it about it in a while, he got annoyed and told me that he's sure I don't have it and I need to get over it. Since we have ignored the subject I haven't asked him if he got a blood test... I'm going to ask him to get one done, if he's neg for hsv1 I have a feeling that I'm going to be even more paranoid. I think that's why I haven't asked him yet.
I do think that I've had oral hsv1 for many years, I may have had it when I was a child. But my cold sores are so atypical!! I chew on my lip until it bleeds and then it heals in three days... I always thought that it was just a nervous habit that I had, but it must be cold sores! I always thought that I chew my lip which makes it hurt so I bite it more until it bleeds, now I think really there is a tingling that makes me bite my lip, then it starts hurting and I bite it until it bleeds which is why it doesn't ooze like a normal cold sore. Idk I'm guessing, it would have been so much more easier if I was neg for hsv1, but 80% of ppl are pos... I guess I never thought I had it before because my ex who had it had really ugly cold sores, like if he accidentally cut his lip it would ulcerate and look ugly and stay for a week, so I always thought that since I cut my lip and it didn't ulcerate I was clear... I was wrong!!! Plus no other guy i was with ever had signs of cold sores... And you said that its highly unlikely to get it from sharing drinks or straws with someone who has a cold sore so i couldnt have gotten it from my bestfriend who gets cold sores on a regular basis(she said that her cold sores are like little bumps that tingle and if she doesnt put stuff on it then it will get bigger until its one huge blister that bursts and ulcerates) I guess it's true, people respond to diff viruses differently.

I am fine most days but then when I think about the cut, and also the time where I couldn't even walk or pee because I was in so much pain on the inner lips, I start freaking out and get pissed off at myself that I didn't go anywhere other than planned parent hood to be seen. I think, what if I had the area swabbed, would it have come up positive?? Idk...
sounds like you are causing the trauma to your lips and it's not a cold sore. that said, trauma to the lips can cause shedding of hsv1 - just something to be aware of if you find yourself doing that and causing yourself open lip sores from it again.

saliva is a poor way to transmit herpes.
Yes but I have been causing trama to my lip for years... And even kissed my bf like that... Actually many bf's and they never got any kind of sores! So I'm really confused! I'm trying really hard not to rip my lips, but I have a condition where my lips peel for three days then the third day looks normal then it starts the process of peeling again!!!! So when it starts peeling I've caught myself ripping the skin off, and sometimes I rip good skin off...so I have been just guessing its a cold sore... But I NEVER had yellow crusting!!!! And everyone i know who gets cold sores has oozing and crusting. Idk... I'm guessing my genes are just good, my brother never gets cold sores... But my mom and dad and whole family does! My mom gets ones on her lip that makes her lip look a Lil swollen but she hides it with lip stick. My dad gets blisters right on the outside of his lip like on the lip linning.
Is it possible that I never transmitted the virus to any guy I have passionately kissed? I mean with the exception of my first bf I kissed 7 years ago, every guy I have kissed has never had a cold sore!!! Yet here I am hsv- 1 pos.
Now I do realize that shedding is higher when I cause trama to my lip... I am trying really really hard not to bite or rip it, but my lip condition makes it nearly impossible.
both possible and probable.

perhaps a dermatologist can help you with the lip issue?
Yes I do need to see a dermatologist... On the Internet I found ppl just like me who have always chewed on there lip and now they have stopped but noticed that its impossible because their lips peel constantly!!! And I found a condition that's like a cycle of peeling then heals looks normal then start peeling again! I do believe I have that... Too bad my body can't get rid of hsv1 this way... I mean my lips are constantly shedding!!!!!
One time I stopped picking it and I had this HUGE flap of dead skin just hanging there on my lip it was gross... So finally I caught my self ripping it off with my teeth which pulled good skin off of where it was attached to... Ugh... Yet I did have an open wound kinda I figured ok that's a cold sore... Three days later my lips looked normal completly normal...
On a better note grace you are right I'm feeling awesome, still taking the antibiotics and still getting the chinkies but Im not itching, I'm getting better and better every day!!! Yey!!!!!!
Hopefully this will be the last round of antibiotics!!!!!
Omg I'm at the point where I just want to rip out my vagina!!!! Why can't I feel normal!!!!!!!!
The one side of my clitotis is irritated again!!!!!!!
I'm on my last day if antibiotics, and I have 3 more days on the second one, I'm not feeling yeasty in just irritated on the outside!!!!! I hate this I hate this I hate this!!!!!!!!!
Omg now the left side of my vagina in between the labia minora and labia majora ( inner and outer lips) is really irritates!!!!its only on one side!!! It's really red and irritated and hurts and itches!!! Omg I hate this!!!
What ever happened....?
Ok basically I had gone to my gyno, she prescribed me flagyl! I took it for 10 days... Then I got a slight yeast infection I waited a couple days then was prescribed diflucan, I took one, in a week I felt better! Since then I've been taking it day by day!! I pray everyday that it doesn't come back. I still have a pinching feeling inside my cliroris but no burning or itching so I'm just happy that those to symptoms are gone!!!
Ugh so right now my *** hurts... **** I know it's TMI but I'm scared about it!! It's only like the whole that's itchy!! The hemmroid looks like its gone but im all itchy!!! WTH!! Now I know that herpes can be near the anus, it looks red and irritated, and like I have been wiping too hard, which I kinda have because it's been itchy! Idk, if I don't have obvious ulcers can I be sure that's it's statistically not herpes?? Or should I go get it swabbed??? See I've been to a dr b4 when I was irritated and they  didn't wanna swab it cuz they said it doesn't look like herpes... I wish that I could get over this!!
Get it swabbed. Demand they do it this time.
Ok I don't like whinning all the time but I have this red spot about the same place I had the abrasion, it's under the cliroris hood and it itched like crazy!!!
I believe that all my infections are over, so far I have normal discharge, and everything looks normal except that one spot under the clitoris hood!!!! I hate it! This is why I think it's herpes!! But no dr would swab the area!! I'm getting sick of asked drs to please test and they refuse to!! Plus I can't see my gyno for another week, and by then this red spot will prolly be gone!
Oh and about the butt... Or anus, it seemed to be my hemmroid acting up again... Ugh...
And now my cliroris hood is slightly red and irritated and it seems as if I'm wet on the outside at all times!!! Yet the discharge looks normal now. It's like I'm sweating or something on the outside, and it looks shinny at all times!!! WTH!!!! Plus it hurts to touch my self down there, not in any specific location, if I touch anywhere it hurts!!! What in the world is wrong with me!!!!! I'm not too bothered until I have to pee, now I pee just fine, it's when I wipe that I feel soar, but I have checked myself everywhere and there is no reason to feel soar, it's like the skin is too thin and irritated!!! Idk what's wrong with me!! I just want to b normal again!!!
Ok grace since I don't know what is normal any more I was hoping that you can answer a question. Now I'm not worried about herpes anymore and I found out that my undies were one of the culprits of my clitoris being irritated. And I've been using a very sensitive dove soap which helps ALOT. So I'm not itchy at all anymore!!!
BUT I have this thick discharge, now it doesn't come on my undies at all, my undies have been pretty dry, it's a big relief!! But when I look down there I see white stuff, it's like thick and creamy, and it stays put, so it hasn't been coming out of the vagina. I'm just worried that it's another yeast infection, altho I feel fine, except for a little sting where I pee but only if I hold it too long, so is this normal discharge or is this another yeast infection?? Should I be seen even though I don't itch?
I think your yeast and my yeast are conspiring together... Today I am literally having the Exact same thing. Also near the clitoris. Its driving me absolutely insane. As for the discharge, I'm having it too. You're not alone! Damn yeast...
On that note, I've read this entire thread now and you were right. Nearly the exact same scenario, including all the symptoms (except I didn't have a cut-like thing, I have a red bump somewhere up the hairline.)
We want our lives back now, god.
Yep I think it's yeast!!! Ugh I hate it!!! This yeast won't go away! I think it's gone and I get BV then I fix the BV and I get yeast!!!! It's a never ending story!!!!!
Well my visit to see my bf won't b as fun... This sux! I haven't seen him in almost a year and I won't b able to have sex with him!!!! I can't believe this!!!!
I just feel like giving up and accepting that I will always have yeast and just live with it.
Ate there any side effects on using garlic cloves to treat yeast infection??
I would like to update and say that I am symptom free for a month!! I used a garlic clove directly in my vagina for two nights and the yeast was gone!!
I've also been using AZO yeast once a day to prevent a yeast infection but so far so good!!!! :)
so happy for u!!! how id u insert the clove??? and how did u get it out the next morn????
So did you find out what that taste bud like patch  area was? I have that same thing on my labia minora, but I'm scared to find out what it might be. It's a little itchy, but hurts more than anything else. I can go to the bathroom fine, but the wiping myself is what hurts. Things like sex or any type of direct contact.