Herpes Community
False alarm or the real deal?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

False alarm or the real deal?

I've had a small blemish, discoloration, something on the tip of my penis for about 8 months now.

When I first saw it I thought nothing of it. Then it stuck around so I freaked out and went to an STD clinic where the old polish lady aggressively looking at my genitals said it wasn't herpes. Then I calmed down and it was fine. But a month ago it was still there, so I decided to get a physical. During the physical, the doctor described herpes as a cantankerous thing and after looking at my penis said that it was not herpes and that he would not even recommend testing for it because there was a 25% chance it'd come back positive even though I was "showing no symptoms".

So here I am. And the blemish is still there and I'm not quite sure what to do. The thought of not doing anything about it and making it worse, transferring it to another part of my body or transferring it to someone else is a not a good one.

I've always had protected sex, but before getting this I was given head by a woman who was admittedly promiscuous and had a girlfriend for a year who has oral herpes, but distanced herself when there was a sore and was on meds to prevent them.

Any thoughts?
herpes wouldn't linger there for 8 months.  whatever is going on, isn't herpes as you've already been told by the medical professionals who examined you.

if you've never been tested for herpes before, by all means seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing at some point. You and your partner's can't make educated decisions as to what precautions to take for sex until you know who has what.

hsv1 genitally is the main source of genital herpes from receiving oral sex. it has absolutely nothing to do with promiscuity either. About 1 out of every 3 of us has hsv1 orally  before we even step foot into public schools!  

grace