Aa
A
A
Close
False positive Herpes Test
I got tested a week ago usung tstd for all the std's Herpes 2 came back positive at 3.23H I got retested using the same lab 5 days later i just got the results negative. <.90 can you please tell me what happened here. the person at TSTD said it was the first ever case of this and its like 1in 10,000
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
207091 tn?1337713093
Do you also have hsv1?  Have you ever had genital herpes symptoms?

I'd do a retest, just to be sure.  There is some debate about this in the field, but many experts feel that anything under a 3.5 should be confirmed, especially with pre-existing hsv1, but yours was pretty close to that, which would make it less likely to be a false positive.  

Aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
no I am negative for 1 on both tests its <.90. I was also tested in feb from advanced testing and was negative. No I never had any symptoms whatsoever.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
207091 tn?1337713093
I'm not sure what the question is.  There is no such thing as a perfect test, so you just had a false positive.

Aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
How common are false positives? Can I rely on the latest test which said both were negative? This was the herpes select test
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
207091 tn?1337713093
I don't have a % for how often false positives happen.

I don't know if I would rely on the last test.  If it were me, I'd want another test to confirm it.

aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources