Aa
A
A
Close
Fever, tingling thighs, is it herpes?!?
Hi,
8 days ago I received a massage that turned into protected sex. A few minutes in my penis went flaccid, we switched condems and she gave me a hand job. 48 hours later I began feeling rundown, 72 hours later I had 102 fever and felt run down and tired, almost 6 days later I began feeling "tingling" on my thighs. It's been 8 days and I've had zero lesions, what is the likelihood I contacted herpes? Could the tingling just be anxiety? Can the fact that my penis went flaccid made me an HIV risk bc condem wasn't intact?
Please help?!
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
protected sexual contact is very low risk for all std's, including herpes. the odds that you contracted genital herpes from a brief period of protected sex are too low to worry about.  

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks, Grace. If it were genital herpes, would the tingling definitely lead to lesions and if so how long does the tingling last before the lesions? I plan to get tested anyway.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Also, does the flaccid issue pose a risk?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
flaccid isn't an issue.

if the tingling was related to herpes, you'd have obvious lesions within 24-48 hours.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks grace! Last question I promise. I meant does the flaccid issue create an HIV risk not just herpes?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
no it is not, that was what I was answering to.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources