Herpes Community
Fever swollen lymph glands and sore on lip
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fever swollen lymph glands and sore on lip

I got a sore on my lip 7 days ago

3 days ago i had a fever that wouldnt go down also i had a sore throat and muscle pain and swollen lymph nodes

today i was prescribed  acyclovir after my first dose my fever vanished and my sore seems to be drying up

does this mean i had herpes and are my symptoms typical? or can this be something more serious like HIV
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This sounds like an initial orolabial Herpes virus outbreak.  Meaning, this is your first time encountering the virus, so your body exhibited a full-body immune response, thus the swollen lymph nodes, fever, and muscle pain.  

I'm not sure if this is typical for a cold-sore outbreak, but I'm sure grace, the moderator of this forum, will know.

Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
cold sores are hsv1 orally the vast majority of the time.  Treating it 7 days after it appeared with acyclovir was actually a waste of money - it was already almost all healed.  If your provider didn't give you refills on your acyclovir for future cold sores, give the clinic a call and ask for a prescription to have on hand. in the future, anytime you feel a cold sore about to start, that's the time to start the cold sore doses of acyclovir. 800mg 3x/day for 2 days is the easiest way to treat cold sores with acyclovir.  If you don't have insurance, you can still take advantage of the walmart and type stores $4 prescriptions for acyclovir. just get it for the 200mg dose and take 4 pills at a time.

for more info on hsv1 orally, see the herpes info at www.ashastd.org. there is a section specifically about oral herpes there.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank