Herpes Community
First Outbreak and length of outbreak?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

First Outbreak and length of outbreak?

I went in for a routine OB/GYN yearly exam a few months ago and asked for an STD test since I had had unprotected sex twice in the past few years the last one being 5 months prior to my test. I did not suspect any STD but knew that a lot of STDs can be asymptomatic for women.  At that time I had heard of herpes but did not know anything about it. My OB/GYN tested me for everything including HSV and my IGG results  from lapcorp came back as the combo test HSV1/2 = 16.0 and HSV2 as 2.4. I was shocked as I have never had any symptoms in my life.  My diagnosis was handled in the most inappropriate way. The doctor did not even bother to tell me my results but had her nurse call me and tell me over the phone. She was not knowledgeable at all and I was left with this diagnosis and after a lot of research found I was given a lot of bad information/facts regarding HSV. The nurse recommended I go on 500mg of Valtrex which I have taken daily . Since I started taking the Valtrex I think I have had my first outbreak but I am utterly confused and distraught because these symptoms have been going on for 6 1/2 weeks now. I have not been able to find any blisters and possible only one lesion but that lesion I found has been present for 4 weeks now and has not really changed. The place where I think might be lesion is at the base of my vagina where the skin comes together so it is hard to really tell and I do have a milky white discharge that does not have an odor.  I do have sporadic feelings during the day of  a slight tingling and slight burning that can be in different places. Sometimes I feel it on my labia, sometimes on my butt and sometimes on my rectum but this is going on now for a long time and I have constantly been on Valtrex before this ever started. When I first felt the symptoms I went to a new OB/GYN and she said it was not a Herpes outbreak but since my diagnosis was so mishandled originally and the misinformation I got from my doctor/nurse I don't trust that this is not herpes and have decided to just ride it out and suffer in silence. I am utterly stressed out about the diagnosis, am completely turned off by the medical knowledge I have gotten from my providers and feel I have no where to turn. Could this be a herpes outbreak? I have not had any sex with my partner since I think I am in constant outbreak and at this point don't know if I would know what an outbreak is and if I can tell what an outbreak is can I ever safely have sex again (I understand there is no 100% safe sex with an HSV2 infected person). Any advice for me that I could take to my new OB/GYN to discuss would be helpful.  
Tags: outbreak
Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. You can disregard my post. Thanks