Herpes Community
First herpes outbreak

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

First herpes outbreak

I'm currently having my first outbreak, or so the doctor says. Saturday the 4th was the last time I had sex, and it was protected. On that Sunday I started itching so I made a doctors appointment on Tuesday and she said I had Thrush, which she gave me some cream for. So I started using that on Tuesday night (the cream in which you have to insert, not just rub on). Wednesday morning it started to sting when I peed and by that night I had two little bumps on my vagina. Thursday it got worse and so Friday I went to the doctors again and my Thrush results came back positive, but she had another look and then decided that it was Herpes. I have researched some stuff on Herpes and I do have some of the symtoms (symptoms) of Herpes, but I'm just not sure what's going on. She also said (before she looked at me on Friday's appointment) that I could of just had an allergic reaction to the cream treatment for Thrush. It's now Sunday night and the numbing jelly she gave me isn't doing that much and it's still stinging really bad and walking is kind of hard for me. Right now I don't care whether it's herpes or not, I just want something that's going to relieve me even that little bit....
did they do any testing or just a visual diagnosis of herpes?

did they give you any medication for herpes ?

grace
She did a visual diagnosis and then said I had herpes, which she then swob and urine tested me for. The results should come back soon. She gave me zelitrex (20 tablets, take one tablet, twice a day) and xylocaine 2% jelly (which did help with the sting a little).
once you get your results back, we can better help you with that part of things.

have you read the free herpes handbook yet? the link is in our read before posting post on the forum.