Herpes Expert Forum
Fluids coming in contact with my urethra
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fluids coming in contact with my urethra

I fingered a girl who had herpes, I touched my urethra afterwards.  I am experiencing back pain.  I think I am experiencing other symptoms but I don't really know I feel like my head is tricking me.  What are the odds of me getting herpes from this situation?
55646_tn?1263664409
The odds of you getting herpes from this encounter are tiny, tiny.  There just isn't enough contact between her and you to make this a risk.  If you figure that with intercourse twice a week, without regular condom use, 4 men out of 100 in a year would get infected, then compare that to your encounter, and you can see how low the risk is.  Do you know that this person has herpes?

Terri
3 Comments
Blank
Yes, I found out the day later from the person's friend.  I feel random symptoms of herpes though, like tingling of my urethra and lower back pain.  I dont have any pain while I urinate, its has been 13 days so far.  When should i get tested?
Blank
55646_tn?1263664409
Four months from the time of the encounter.  But again, your risk is incredibly low.  You're likely talking yourself into symptoms, which is common but not helpful.  Also, just because someone told you she has herpes doesn't mean she actually does.  

Terri
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
55646_tn?1263664409
Terri Warren, RN, Adult Nurse Pr...Blank
Westover Heights Clinic
Portland, OR
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker