Herpes Community
Freaking out

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Freaking out

Hey Doc I am a 19 year old male and i have an issue just about a year ago i had unprotected sex with a girl and i also went down on her. The next morning i woke up and my upper lip felt like it was on fire and dried out thinking nothin of it i just carried on, soon my lips were dry cracking and and peeling as well as burning. I went to my doctor and he told me it was most likely a yeast infection and gave me some cream to put on it (and i went and got tested for everything with no results), but after a couple weeks of applying this cream nothing was any different lips stil hurt dry peeling and what not (to this day i still have dry lips,peeling,cracking but they no longer hurt or feel like they are burning). A couple months went by and i started to notice that the head of my penis had become more sensitive (not hurting or ichy just different) so i could not help but to investigate and i noticed darker patches of skin in different places around the head of my penis that i am quite sure were not there before. I went back to my doctor and he said he could not see any problems I also went to a dermatologist and got the same answer. The last thing i have come to notice is an anal ich every once and a while and when i go to the bathroom sometimes there is a bit of pain and when i wiped there is some blood but that only happens every once and a while.

So my questions are

#1. Is It Possible That I Have Caught Herpes Without knowing it ( As in beening one of the 3% that never get an out break)

#2. How contagious is herpes? is it possible for someone to catching it by sharing a cigerette even if there is no sore or even a sign of one?

P.S
sorry about the way i typed is its a little sloppy
Tags: Freaking
Herpes can only spread skin to skin so #2 cannot happen... and I have heard that catching herpes and not knowing is pretty rare but I could be wrong... I asked my doc that question yesterday when I went in and he didnt know.. lol
this doesn't sound at all like herpes going on.  continue to follow up on these issues with the dermatologist for better answers.

if you've never been tested for herpes before, why not get a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is?

grace
4 different doctors told me there was no way they could test for it and they have found nothing wrong so they are convinced as well as my own mother that i am just paranoid but whatever i have contracted is contagious because i have lost friends over this which means i have somehow given whatever it is to someone else
you can get a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is. Most adults have hsv1 so even if you test + for that, it doesn't mean that what is going on is due to herpes but at least your know your status for future partners.

grace
see thats the ****** thing cuz straight up i can tell you it will be + HSV-1 (cold sores) run in my family and i get them rarely but i still get them which is another reason i believe that if i have contracted HSV-2 i might not get a break out from it ( once again only 3% of people who have caught HSV-2 don't have break outs) like i don't know all i know is because of this i now suffer from social anxiety and if i am around a large number of people i have anxiety attacks do to the fact i donno what i have and it is contagious and i don't know how contagious plus like i have said i have some how already given it to someone else but no one will tell me what is was that i guess gave to them everyone just stopped talking to me and is now ignoring me
hsv2 orally absolutely would not present with these sorts of symptoms this frequently.

I'm sure the reason why your friends are no longer talking to you has nothing to do with anything you might've given them.  They certainly were not really friends if they stopped communicating with you without any reason why.

grace