Herpes Community
Friction Burn or Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Friction Burn or Herpes?

Do I have a type of herpes or is it just a friction burn?

I have what looks like reddish spots on the tip of my penis. I noticed them after an hour of riding on a wave runner in a pair of new-ish swim trunks. For the first 12 hours it hurt to urinate, and the meatus was extremely sensitive, especially to my boxers.

in the 72 hours that followed, the pain in urinating has dissipated, the sensitivity has gone down in the areas, but the spots still remain. They're only around the meatus, approximately 3 on the left and 1 on the right.

I haven't had unprotected sex ever, and the last blowjob I received was back in january. It just startled me is all. Should I see a doctor or should I wait to see if it really is a friction burn or what?
This does not sound like herpes at all. You would have had symptoms sooner if you contracted hsv1 genitally from January. Be seen by your provider to get a proper work up.