Herpes Community
Friction burn and oral sex

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Friction burn and oral sex

I had a question about friction burn and oral sex.

I gave my boyfriend oral sex and he had a burn from other friction (like excessive masturbation) on his penis, which was noticed by the two of us after we finished.  I was concerned that I may have contracted an STD orally from the friction burn on his penis contacting my mouth.

May I have an STD?

Thanks fro the help
have you and your bf ever been tested for std's to know who has what?

grace
Avatar n tn
neither one of us has an STD, neither one of us has had intercourse and this is only the 2nd time I have every gave oral sex.  We have been together for 4 years and have had no other sexual partners.

thanks for all your help
It would still be adviseable to make sure.  Also HSV in the oral location while technically not an STD can be transmitted to ones genital area during oral sex if either of you have HSV-1 orally.  It would be adviseable to get a type specific hsv igg test to know if either of you has HSV.  This way you know who has what.