Genital HSV-1 - Constant Discomfort
In February this year, following testing, I was diagnosed with genital HSV-1 and was prescribed Acyclovir in tablet form. After 4 days, the ulcers (located below and to the right of the frenulum) completely healed leaving a small amount of scar tissue. All other symptoms also subsided. Unfortunately, since then I have had a constant soreness around the tip of my penis and the site of the original ulcers which increases following ejaculation or urination. I also have testicular pain and an irritation in my pubic area. My glands seem to be constantly "at work" and painful (my white blood cell count is also high). I have had my testicles examined and these are normal. Further Acyclovir treatment has not reduced the current symptoms. Could the Herpes be causing the current discomfort and if so, what can I do about it?
hsv1 genitally wouldn't continue to make you have an elevate wbc. It also wouldn't keep your glands constantly at work. You should be following up on all that with your provider.

Same with it's very unlikely to be the cause of your other continued problems too.

grace