Herpes Community
Genital Herpes Fear? Mild four month outbreak.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I was informed by an ex that he had been diagnosed with herpes (genital) and also he had cold sores. I haven’t had any what could I suppose be called as “big outbreaks: however over the past four montsh I have had fairly consistent white bumps under my lips? They aren’t very noticebale and sometimes they are gone for a day or have improved and then they are back. They certainly haven’t been gone often or for longer than a day recently. It's not something that people would notice but i have because ive never had it before.

Then I also noticed that i have sort of…white more tightly clumped tiny dots. (almost similar to the ones on my lips but more together in a fold on the my vulva near the clitoris). As well as that my eyes have been extremely itchy and get swollen on the top lids.

I have tried using drops for the eyes, Aciclovir antiviral for my lips. In general I have started taking lysine tablets as I have been informed that this helps.
I’m incredibly upset about the whole thing and it has completely put me off getting close to someone. As I do not want them to feel as I did when he told me.
I’m not sure what to do. AS although there is no definite massive outbreak. It is clear that I have it and also that it is not going away. Which means I cant even think about kissing someone (and haven’t for the four months).

What do you recommend? Besides going to a doctor. Because I went to the doctor two months ago and she gave me a vaginal examintation and said she could nt see anything (perhaps I should have specified where it was as it is not very obvious).  

I'm sure you'll advise me to go and see another doctor. But I was wondering if you could tell me your thoughts and what I can do to help the situation.Also will the doctor prescribe me something that can clear this up. Or is it a matter of stress and i have to sit it out?
the symptoms you are describing orally don't sound at all like oral herpes. these sound like completely normal bumps on the lips.  

the symptoms you describe genitally also don't sound herpes related at all either. sounds like either fordyce spots or just normal skin that perhaps is a little irritated even.

you can seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing to see what your overall status is.  It's my understanding that in the UK, you'll need to see a private doctor and pay for your type specific blood testing out of pocket.

grace
Thanks for getting back to me. They come and go and are sort of underneath the skin.
So you think it's unlikely that these bumps are herpes? The oen downbelow are irritable sometimes and a bit itchy.
Not to mention the eyes! It just seems like too much of a coincidence that all of these things should happen just as i was informed the person i slept with had herpes.
Thanks again for getting back to me. With regard to blood testing the doctor i went to previously said there was very little point as the results are so unreliable.
Do you have any opinion on this? Thank you
the provider you saw and asked about blood testing was greatly misinformed :(  if it was at the gum clinic, they only offer the non-type specific testing which isn't of much help at all.

be seen every time you have the genital symptoms to be tested properly for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally too.