Herpes Community
Genital hsv-1 transmission

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Genital hsv-1 transmission

Hi my gf was recently diagnosed with genital hsv-1 which we believe I gave to her through oral sex as I have always got cold sores on my lips. I've heard that because I already have hsv-1 that it's difficult for me to get it genitally but we gave into temptation and had unproteced sex at the end of her primary outbreak. I know my risk is high of getting it genitally now but i was just wondering if there still a chance that my antibodies could still fight it off?
it's not likely you contracted it though you do shed more during the first ob than with recurrences. unless you get any genital symptoms, nothing you can do at this point.

grace