Herpes Community
H. Peroxide On Herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

H. Peroxide On Herpes

My question is what color if any at all do supposed herpes bumps look like when Hydrogen Peroxide is put on them.

The reason i ask is because i have maybe 1-3 bumps on the shaft of my penis that turn white when i put Hydrogen Peroxide on them
Why are you putting that stuff on them? Ick.
Almost anything will turn white in the presence of hydrogen peroxide.  You should see your provider to find out what is going on.

grace
Avatar n tn
Chances are by today you will notice you have what appears to be blisters. I have read on posts that hydrogen peroxide is not an effective solution and could possibly make things worse. Go see a provider, they will give you a prescription to help reduce the number of outbreaks. Also, I have used pure Tea Tree oil (go to organic foods type store). It is not a cure for it, but helps speed the outbreak a little quicker. It also serves as a topical pain killer.