Herpes Community
HELP! Completely freaked out!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HELP! Completely freaked out!!

I tested positive for genital herpes 11 years ago.  I had a mild outbreak initially.  I only had a few more outbreaks with only one lesion each time in the following two years.  Since then I have not had an outbreak.  My husband and I don't use condoms and he has only tested negative for it.  Not sure if this means I have a mild case or not.  Anyway, I have a 2.5 year old son.  I have been using a plastic cup to pee in for using ovulation predictor strips for trying to conceive another child.  After I pee in it I kind of scrape it against my vaginal area so pee won't go everywhere.  When I am finished testing it I wash it with soap and water.  A few hours after doing this today my son got a hold of the cup and drank the few drops of water that had accumulated in the bottom of it.  He has some cuts inside his mouth from falling off of his bike yesterday.  Is there any possibility he could get herpes from me this way?  I feel like I'm the most disgusting mother in the world right now.  I have always been so ashamed of having it, now I feel like jumping off my building if he gets it on his face from me!
Tags: child
this is absolutely not a risk for your son!!

it's an eeewww gross thing at the thought that you had peed in it more than anything since you washed it with soap and water after using it.

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers