Herpes Community
HERPES AND YOUR PERIOD
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HERPES AND YOUR PERIOD

I have my doctor's appt on Monday but right now I am truly afraid. For the past couple of months, either the day of my period, day before my period, or during my period, I would have bumps appear in which one would get swollen with blood and bleed (the others will sometimes get filled with blood or stay small). The bumps are on the side of where I had an abscess drained last year. Once my period is over, the bumps go away with no scabbing. They do hurt if I pee too hard. I use a condom at all times and right now I don't know if this is Herpes or something else. The fact that a menstrual cycle can trigger herpes doesn't help at all (since this is when the bumps only occur). Please help.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
Going to be seen monday is the best course of action. Get a type specific herpes igg blood test for hsv1 and hsv2.  Also if you have symptoms present - you can get them cultured.

grace
Blank
Thanks so much! So I was searching the web, and apparently my symptoms can also relate to Endometriomas in which it says that I can get spotting before my period (that recently started), the fact that the bumps are appearing right on the labia where I had 4 surgeries, and the fact that as my period progress they become more swollen (and then slowly disappear after my period ends). I guess I'm trying to remain optimistic about not having Herpes or HPV. *Sigh*
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...