Herpes Community
HERPES SIDE EFFECTS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HERPES SIDE EFFECTS

Are there any side effects with this disease other than the outbreaks?  I'm having an issue with vaginal lubrication and I was diagnosed 3 years ago.  And I'm wondering if this virus could be the reason.
No, it's not the reason.
Lock of vaginal lubrication is usually linked to hormonal problems, rather than to herpes.
If it's an excess of lubrication there could be some sort of bacterial infection.
Herpes however, has other side effects besides the out brakes. The most common is the
painful tenderness around the area, that can last for weeks and even months after the out brake is gone. This pain is due to a temporary damage to the local nerves.
Once the lession is gone, the virus remains dormant in your nervous system. It hides and therefore it's very hard to treat when it's not active.
I suggest you to read articles about the disease, so that you're better able able to take care of yourself before it spreads.

Venus200
Lack of lube sometimes happens. As was already said - it's not due to herpes and you should visit your doctor to make sure there's nothing else going on.  Depending on the cause of the dryness - depends on if you can use the otc lubes or if you need a topical estrogen to do the trick for you.  

You can buy otc lubes.  replens is one you can insert and it's good for 3 days. Most walmarts carry it.  

grace