HPV and HSV
I have been diagnosed with HPV &, as of yesterday, HSV. Is there a correlation between the two? What can I do to stop the sperad of the disease? I have been with my partner for 4 years - is there any chance he has been able to avoid it??
If my relationship does not work out with my current partner (it has been under considerable stress lately!), does that mean that I will inevitably spread the viruses my body now carries with any future partners?
I feel so ashamed thinking of partners I have had in the past and thinking of who I may have passed it on to :(
Please help.
Hi - I am just beginning to learn about this, so you are probably going to get the same info from more knowledgeable folks eventually, but just to put your mind at rest till then:

Using daily medication will reduce your outbreaks and GREATLY reduce the risk for your partners along with:
- not having unprotected sex during outbreaks
- using a condom with future partners and
- discussing it honestly and openly with them before having sex.

It's not inevitable that future partners would contract it.

As for whether this partner contracted it, he may have given it to you? Who knows - he should get tested.

It's beginning to dawn on me that one of the worst, most painful, difficult symptoms of herpes is shame. You are part of 25% of the population, whether the other members of that population know it or not. While it is now upon you to inform future partners and be responsible about not potentially passing on a virus, it is upon ALL people engaging in sex to do the same.

I have had HPV and it does go away. Speak to your dr. about how to avoid passing it on when you get your medication.

Good luck.