Herpes Community
HPV2 Positive Woman - manual stimulation and oral sex

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

A few days ago I had an encounter with a woman that was HSV2 positive.  I manually stimulated her, and then she performed oral sex on me, and I had touched my penis while she was performing oral sex.  She was not symptomatic and has had the virus for over 20 years, with one outbreak per year.  She has not recently had an outbreak.  I did not have a rubber on during the oral sex.  

In the next day I had body aches and typical virus response - body aches, etc.  I have some tingling on tip of penis, but no evidence of sores and no pain in urination.   I went to my family doctor - and explained the situation - he told me the odds of catching herpes in this way was very, very low.  I took a 'baseline' blood test for hsv1 and hsv2.  He said to repeat the blood test in 6 weeks.

The oral sex was a bit rough so maybe the irritation of my penis is from that.  

My question(s):
1) How low do you believe the risk is in this situation?
2) If I go 14 days without having a sore show up - do I assume I am not infected?
3) I am scared because of the chills and other virus signs, and tingling ---- but the doctor said the odds are very, very low.  I am freaking out.
4) What is the shortest path to figuring out if I'm infected or not.  I can't sleep thinking about it.

Thanks for your help.
If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it - I'm in a tailspin over this.
this was a no risk situation for you as far as her genital herpes.  you don't need to worry about it and you don't need to test for it.

oral sex is not safe sex - always have protected oral sex!  You don't need any testing from it since you've really not had any symptoms that are indicative of a std from receiving oral.

grace
Thanks Grace - so touching her vagina, and then that hand touching my penis is a 'no risk situation'?  
correct.
The woman I was with does not know if she has HSV1 or HSV2 but it is genital and so she assumed it was HSV2.  She has very rare outbreaks and does not take any medications.  She felt there was no risk to me.  There was other body/skin contact.

I have tingling in tip of my penis.  It has been 5 days.  No lesions.  I had flu like symptoms the next day for the last 4 days.  I'm slowly feeling better from that.  I have had a baseline HSV1 and HSV2 blood test , both negative (<0.91) for IgG and IgM, so no prior exposure to this incident I guess for HSV1 or HSV2.  

1) What is probability of transferring either HSV1 or HSV2 from this encounter.

2) Do you know how many (% of people get symptoms by 'days out from encounter'?  i.e. 50% in 1 day, 75% by 2 days, 85% by 3 days, 99% by 14 days ---- or something like that?   Meaning - how fast can my 'fear factor' decrease as time goes by without visible lesion?

3) The tingling in tip of my penis and flu  like symptoms scare me.  I know they could be coincidental or due to mouth born bacteria in my urinary tract or some such thing.  A quick urine culture at GP showed no infection but it still burns.  A swab of the uretha was taken today 5days post encounter to test for herpes virus, but again GP thinks that usually it would show up by now in redness, other more obvious signs.  Could the tingling and viral response symptoms of body aches be related to herpes?

4) My GP prescribed Valtrex just in case as my penis is very painful and he said we won't know HSV for a few months if I am one who won't develop lesions or if it is HSV1 on the genitalia.  Is this transfer mechanism likely - her performing oral sex, no sores on lips  but if she is HSV1 positive - passing on genital HSV1 to me?  I assume this is relatively low risk too?

5) I guess I'm trying to figure out when I say/feel "all clear"?  I am close to signing up for a monastic life because I just never understood herpes as an infection and I am mad at myself for not studying all the risks after becoming active again after my divorce a year ago.  

Can you weigh in on these questions?

whatever is going on is not herpes. youwere never at riskfor herherpes.