HPV2 on other body parts
I've been diagnosed with hpv-2 about 10 years ago but I have never had any outbreak in my genital area. My outbreak occurs on my ankle. I have been very careful about washing my hands to prevent spreading it anywhere else. My partner does not have the virus. I am worried about infecting him and avoid sexual contact during the outbreak but since we sleep in the same bed can I still infect him even if I have my ankle covered during an outbreak?
Hi, are you sure about this? Did you have an ankle sore swabbed for testing? If yes and it is covered it cannot be transferred.
Yes, the swab test was done on my ankle which was how I found out about having HPV2. At first my OB/gyn thought it was shingles. It's small about the size of a dime but hurts to walk on and have to keep my leg elevated.

My outbreaks only occur when my immune system is low or when I'm over stressed. I had to learn how to manage my stress  and stay healthy but this time I think it's because I've been working nearly 80hrs per week and need to rest. Otherwise, since my diagnosis 10yrs ago this is my 4th outbreak. The last one happened 4 yrs ago when I was going through an ugly break-up.

I am curious though, I've read/heard somewhere that the shingles vaccine is acyclovir. Can getting the vaccine help minimize outbreaks?
Yes antiviral drugs can help reduce outbreaks.
I find it interesting that you have it on your ankle, I have only had cold sores, never any genital sores, and my medical person said it was unlikely that it is only orally.  However Life360 says it can happen.  Your story has helped me a lot, as I was feeling like a Unicorn, people have heard about them but never really believe in them.  Thanks
Thank you! Although my outbreaks are minimal I am considering getting the vaccine especially when I'm under a lot of stress.

Another question I have is when I have an active outbreak. If I have my ankle covered and have sex with my partner can I still infect him? We've been together two years now and this is my first outbreak since we've been together. He's a healthy man but does not handle stress well and has been working a lot of hours lately, I worry I might infect him and he won't be able to handle it as well I can.
I was confused my self. Actually still in denial. I want to believe it is shingles but the test came out positive for HPV2. I guess I'm lucky it is on my ankle and not my genitals but it is still a hassle because it is very painful and difficult to walk on and since it is on my lower extremity it takes longer to heal.
You know what might be good to do is have him test as well and if he has it then all your worries will be over. Keeping it covered during outbreaks will protect  him.
Ask him to get tested
Thank you, I will :) and you're right. I hope he doesn't have it. I'd hate to pass it on. He's too paranoid!
I made a mistake with what I posted. I was diagnosed with Herpes 2 (HSV2) instead of HPV2. I apologize for the error. I still have the same questions.
Yes i know you ment hsv2 as there no such thing as HPV2
Thank you :)

Can a couple go on without infecting the other as long as they're careful?
The problem is shedding. Herpes virus makes topical skin contact and enters the body through ganglion nerves and hide in the spine. With hsv1 its the trigeminal ganglion which incompases the upper body facial area. With hsv2 its the sacral ganglia which encompases  lower body called the boxer short area.
Outbreak and shedding can occur anywhere in these areas and at any given time we dont know where or if its shedding. Being careful and taking antiviral and suppresent meds can help but we just dont know if they will be infected.

It would be to both of yours advantage for him to get tested to see his status. Many people with this prefer others with it to avoid issues like you mention.