Herpes Expert Forum
HSV 1 AND 2 IGG TYPE SPECIFIC TEST RESULTS

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Dear Physician,
My Quest Lab results for these two tests (HSV 1 AND 2 IGG TYPE SPECIFIC AB) were 1.54 H, and greater than 5.00 H respectively. Do I have herpes?
If you are saying that your HSV 2 IgG was greater than 5.0, then yes, I think there is an extremely high chance that you have genital herpes.  the presence of antibody indicates you are infected.  This is true whether you have symptoms are not.  The chances of a false positive on this test at this level are very low indeed.

If you would like to read more about herpes, you can go to our website, westoverheights.com and download a free handbook about herpes.

Terri