Herpes Community
HSV-1 Possibility from forehead kiss

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV-1 Possibility from forehead kiss

On Friday of last week I was kissed by my girlfriend on the side of my forehead near my hairline. The following Saturday she had a cold sore outbreak on her lip. I asked her if the night before she had it. She said "it was starting to develop or show". I currently do not have herpes( I have been tested before). What are my chances of getting herpes from a kiss on the forehead? I have tried to research all over the net but there is conflicting research. Some say skin to skin contact. Others say it needs to come in contact with openings like the mouth, nose etc. Is the possibilty high that I can develope cold sore blisters on my forehead or any other part of my face because of this? If it is possible how long would it be until symptoms of an outbreak would appear? My main concern is getting ocular herpes as it was near that region.
It is skin to skin contact... however you do tend to break out at the site where the virus entered the body..

I haven't heard of herpes breaking out on someones forehead...

I'm not sure.. all I can say is that if it has been about 2 weeks and nothing has happened you would be in the clear...
Thank you for the response. Although it still doesn't answer my question entirely. Since I came in contact with it does this automatically mean that I will be getting it? Or is there a chance that did or did not get it?
You aren't likely to have contracted hsv1 on the forehead from just a simple kiss to the forehead.  I really wouldn't worry all that much about it.

grace