HSV-1 Shedding?
-Should viral shedding from HSV-1 gentially even be a concern?
        - Is it even less of a concern if your having sex with someone who already has HSV-1 orally?

-How often does this virus shed?
-Should passing it on to a partner already infected with oral HSV-1 be a concern?
If you have hsv1 genitally and your partner has hsv1 orally, just avoiding sex anytime you have any genital symptoms is usually precaution enough. they have significant protection against contracting hsv1 genitally from you.

the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com is a free and terrific resource to read more about hsv1 genital infections at.

grace
I am a 19 year old heterosexual female with confirmed genital HSV-1. I contracted this virus 7months ago and have had 3 breakouts, all when i was stressed or feeling really low. The breakouts have become less frequent and the last one was mild and lasted for 3days only. I contracted the virus from an ex-partner who I was with for 3 years. (He recieved oral sex from a female with oral HSV but he had no symptoms). I obviously was not aware of this so didnt use a condom when i contracted it. I have not had sex prior to contracting the virus due to the fear of passing it on. The virus was contracted anally and there are some questions in particular i would like answers to if possible. Any help is really appreciated:

1. Do I always have to use a condom during vaginal sex if the virus was contracted anally and I am not having a breakout?

2. During a breakout I suffer symptoms such as swolen glands, aches in the lower body and back. Is there anything that can help with the pain?

3. How much do I need to worry about passing on the virus during asymptomatic shedding?