Herpes Community
HSV-1 and 2 IgG results. What do they mean??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I went to get tested for all STD's a few weeks ago, and all came back negative including the HSV-1 and 2 IgG test.  But I'm confused by the HSV-1 and 2 results.  My doctor didn't call me like she said she would, and I just got my results in the mail, so I can't figure out exactly what they mean.  This is how the results look.:

HSV1/HSV2 IGG ANTI

Hsv-1 AB:    31      IU/mL            

REFERENCE RANGES
               -------------------------------------------
                   NEGATIVE:  120 IU/mL

HSV-2 :AB:  48      IU/mL

REFERENCE RANGES
                ------------------------------------------
                   NEGATIVE:  120 IU/mL

Apparently, as it says, I'm negative for Herpes. . . . But I still have Antibodies.  So doesn't this mean I HAVE Herpes, since my body is trying to fight it off?  Please, explain everything you know about this.  
the results didn't get posted right for some reason.  . . but if it's below that number, it's negative.  
you had one of the less accurate tests done .  If you feel the need to repeat your test at some point, make sure it's with a different brand of test.

you will never get a 0 as a result though on herpes tests. the way they do the tests, you will get some sort of number which is why we have the negative and positive ranges.

It was an igG type specific test though wasn't it?  I thought those were supposed to be the most accurate.
different brands have different accuracy. the test you had typically is the one by zeus labs and has a very poor track record :(  

would Elisa be a better choice?
elisa is not a brand name. it's a type of test.
Then what would be a recommended brand?
I'm sorry to continue asking questions lol.  It's just that my relationship is possibly in jepoardy and I want to find out as much as I can so that my bf and I can both get accurate results. . . Thank you very much for your help so far.  
you tested negative on the test you had done. why the need for continued testing if you don't mind my asking?
Well, from what I've researched. . . The fact that there were antibodies detected at all means that the virus has been introduced into my system, and that means I have it, but I'm just asymptomatic.  Even thouugh the test said negative. . .It said I still have 48 AB.  Which means 48 antibodies.  Doesn't that mean the virus is in my body?
48 for HSV 2, I mean.  31 for HSV 1.
Also. . .I just thought to ask this question. . . But I was diagnosed with Genital Warts a while back. Months ago in fact.  I was given medication to burn the warts away, which worked.  But afterwards, the skin between my vagina and anus still itched really badly, just like it did when the warts were there.  Even though no warts came back, it itched for about a month straight after I got rid of them. . . I've heard that itching of the skin can be caused by Herpes. . . Could this possibly mean I do have some lower Herpes infection, or do you think that coulda just been the aftermath of my genital warts OB?