Herpes Community
HSV-1 outbreak on foot?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV-1 outbreak on foot?

I was diagnosed with a genital infection of HSV-1 last year. In the last couple of days, approximately in line with a genital outbreak (which are always very, very mild, red pin pricks that cause tingling but no pain), I noticed similar symptoms on my right foot. Tiny red spots accompanied by a tingling. I've read that the outbreak can occur in parts of the body as long as it is in the same nerve ganglia (I think that's right aha?). So my question is, does this change if the genital infection is HSV-1? Or does that still theoretically mean that the outbreak can still occur anywhere on the lower body?

are you sure this is even a genital recurrence going on? really doesn't sound like it's herpes related.  

grace