HSV-1 transmission through utensils
I know fairly well about HSV1 and transmission routes, however, an unpleasant incident happened that concerns me.
A friend of mine had blisters ion her lip that looked like cold sores to me (scattered blisters with a yellowish cap).

I tasted food, and gave my fork to her so she could taste it as well. I totally forgot and I put the fork in my mouth again. She touched the fork once.

Now my question is:

1- Are those blisters really cold sores?

2- What are the chances that I may have been infected? The worst case scenario, and hopefully this is not 100%!

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Foolo!
as an adult, oral herpes is almost exclusively transmitted through romantic type kisses. sharing utensils isn't a risk at all and not worth any worrying about.

have you ever been tested for herpes to know your own status while herpes is on your mind?

grace
Hi Grace!

I really appreciate your response and sorry for my late reply, for some reason I just got an email regarding your response.

It is good to know that, but still I would not try it! haha

I don't have herpes. The reason I know a lot about it is that my ex had HSV-1 genitally and we managed to contain it just to her for over 1 year that we were together. So yeah I got regularly tested.

The stigma is really unfortunate and really hard to make people deal with it. Personally my problem is the life style changes.  I am not really good with that.

Thanks again!
Foolosopher