Herpes Community
HSV-1
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HSV-1

My partner was recently diagnosed with genital herpes. Im guessing its HSV-1 because I have been having cold sore outbreaks as a child but never thought anything of it until now. I passed ot on to my partner through oral sex. Also I think my partner also has it orally as well from kissing. I recently had a cold sore before she was diagnosed with it, but it healed and has gone away. Only thing now is I have kind of like a rash on my lips, both my partner and I. It has been present for about 2 wks now. We have stopped kissing so that it can go away quicker. Is there anything you would suggest for treatment?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
have you ever been tested for herpes to know that hsv1 is the only type of herpes you have?

has your partner ever been tested for herpes before? what testing has she had recently?

if you have a history of cold sores then you now how it typically presents and it sounds like youd on't feel that your current symptoms are cold sore related. see your provider monday for a proper diagnosis.

grace
Blank
No I have never been tested for herpes. Im am getting tested next week. I have never had symptoms of herpes in the genital area. My partner jus recently got tested about a month ago. I hadnt had many cold sores in the past. They just come at random, usually during cold weather. Last about a week or 2 then will go away. My partner had never experienced genital herpes until now. I am pretty sure I passed it on to her because I had a cold sore and performed oral sex on her. Then a few days later she had an outbreak. I was not aware that the cold sore could cause herpes until recent research. Now I am experiencing a mild rash on my lips, but its not painful at all. Just there. I assuming it will clear up soon but I am still going to get tested this upcoming week.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...