HSV 2 Immunity?
I accidentally posted this question in the comments of another post.  Thought I should start a new thread, so here it is again:  

I can't seem to find information on this anywhere, and I've been searching the web for hours now.  My mother has HSV2 and contracted it years before meeting my father or giving birth to me.  She had a C-section with me, and I'm not at all concerned that I caught the virus from her.  Knowing that mothers pass on antibodies to the fetus, my question is this:  Would I now (at age 28) have a false positive on an IgG blood test due to the fact that I carry some of her antibodies?  Furthermore, wouldn't that mean I could never truly know if I've potentially contracted it from a partner because there's no differentiating between her antibodies and my own?  Also, I read somewhere that having a mother's IgG antibodies makes a baby immune to the virus...is that true?  Because if I'm actually immune to herpes that would be awesome, but it seems highly unrealistic!  
no, you would not test + on herpes blood testing because your mother had herpes. those protective antibodies she passed on to you in utero disappear a few weeks/months after birth.

grace