Herpes Community
HSV 2 and birth control

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV 2 and birth control

Does having hsv2 effect my choice of birth control or does birth control have any effect on hsv2?
the birth control pill has been found to increase shedding of hsv2 slightly. if you are taking daily suppressive therapy though, it's not an issue.
I was on Depo and I planned on going back on it although my fiance has had a vasectomy I don't really need birth control I use it to manage my endometriosis pain.
I'm a fan of less periods overall myself!!!  not quite liking the age I'm currently at for many reasons, one of which is being on the pill is riskier so I stopped it and am back to being at the mercy of my hormones....sigh.  

honestly I wouldn't worry much about the birth control choice. the increase in shedding is small.