Herpes Community
HSV-2 from Kissing or Fingering?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV-2 from Kissing or Fingering?

I've been seeing a girl who recently told me she has GH. We have not had sex or oral sex but we have kissed a lot and I have fingered her without any noticeable cuts on my fingers or around my nails. She is taking suppressive therapy but I am still a little nervous. I have done a lot of research on my own but I get a lot of "maybe" answers.

What are the chances I can contract any form of the virus from this, orally or genitally? What are the odds of getting herpetic whitlow from someone else?
this is not a risk for you.

the herpes handbook is free - www.westoverheights.com. give it a read when you get a chance!

have you ever been tested for herpes to know your own status?

grace
I haven't been tested for herpes before, I'm not even sure if I've ever had a coldsore, which I've heard would've given me some antibodies to help. I'm also teaching abroad in Korea so it wouldn't be easy for me to walk into a clinic and ask a doctor to give me a test.
I'm trying not to let my mind get the best of me but I have tenderness in my groin. No bumps lesions or even red marks but it's very unusual. Could it be swollen lymph nodes? Should I be concerned with this?
If we said no risk then there is no risk.  
odds are you are just paying far too much attention to your genital area because of anxiety.  you have done nothing yet to be at risk for herpes from your partner. anything going on in your body, is not due to herpes.

You can get type specific herpes igg blood testing in other countries. You can try looking for an online support group in the area you are in to see if they can guide you to where to go for proper testing.
Hi grace,
in the last two weeks I developed 2 tiny flat red spot at the base of the head of my penis. Upon seeing this I immediately found an english doctor in my city in korea who provides STD testing. I told him about my brief encounter and he offered me a comprehensive blood test that tests 8 forms of STD's including HSV1 and HSV2. All the tests came back negative BUT now there is a small bump on the shaft of my penis and I'm worried about a false negative because the test was comprehensive. I'm trying not to worry but it isn't easy. I haven't had any other symptoms, no unusual itchiness, burning, no lesions, aches or pains anymore. But this bump now has me concerned.

big question: Does a bump on my penis have to be STD related or are they normal occurrences that I haven't noticed before? Was the blood test I took legitimate? Std testing is rare in Korea and I wonder if I got one that wasn't good enough.

Apologies if this is annoying I've scowered the site for an hour searching for an answer without asking again but your help would be appreciated
your genital area didn't have contact with her genital area. no reason to think that this is herpes going on.